Friday, October 29, 2021

Happy Halloween From Charleston

Happy Friday everyone!  Are you looking forward to the weekend?  Today is officially Hal's last day in the working world; he was initially scheduled to retire at the end of September, but his boss asked if he would work until the end of October to help get his replacement up to speed.  So here we are -- one of those big milestones in life, that when you're young, feels like it's light years away.  Oh how the years have flown!  I'm hoping that since he's worked from home for the last year and a half, that will make this transition somewhat easier for him.  Also, he may be called in next year to do some consulting work there, if he's interested, and I think he probably will be.  😉    
   
So, Sunday is Halloween, and I'm posting some more pics from our Charleston trip last week.  There were some creative Halloween scenes around town, and we took pictures of our favorites.  I realize some people don't like Halloween, but we've never taken it too seriously; it was all in fun when we were growing up, and the same when Will was young.  I hope you find some fun with the pictures, and no offense intended.
         
   
   
   
I like the pumpkins in the planters, tucked in amongst the ivy.
   
   
 
   
Brings all new meaning to the phrase "swinging on the chandeliers...".  
   
  
It's a little hard to spot, but this fellow is bringing a black rose for his love.
   
   
This house had a ghost, 
         
   
and Hal got a better picture of it than I did.
      

Can you see the raven on the right gate post?
   

The next group of pictures with no water mark were taken by Hal.
   


This picture isn't meant to be scary; I just really liked the pumpkins over the front door.
   

This chubby little gargoyle cracked me up.  He looked more grouchy than scary with his hands on his hips.  😄 
   

This was one of my favorite displays -- the skeleton pirate and his little dog buddy.
   

You can see a witch's hat in the top of this picture.
   

It appears to be floating in the air, doesn't it?  The owner of the house had these hats hanging at intervals around the covered porch.  They're tied with clear fishing wire, which gives them the appearance of being free-floating.  It reminded me of Hogwarts somehow.
   

Now we're back to my pictures.  I did think this was a scary-looking ghost; they did a good job with this one. 
   
   
Hal captured a good sideview.  I think she's meant to be a spooky bride -- what do you think?
   

This ghost looks much less threatening -- more of a Casper the Friendly Ghost type.
   
   
This mannequin must have gotten her outfit from Goths R Us.  ;)
   

This cat was real, and he just looked like a Halloween cat.
   

We looked for him when we walked this way later in the week, but we didn't see him again.
   

This last picture was taken at the Unitarian Church Cemetery in 2018 when we walked through several of the old cemeteries.  The old, slightly leaning headstones, the Spanish moss, and the unkempt condition of this plot gave it an eerie feel and appearance.    
   
I hope you enjoyed the pictures today.  Next week, I plan to post some of the things I've been working on here at home.  We're having a beautiful fall, and I'm trying to make the most of it.  I so appreciate your visit today, and I hope you have a great weekend!
   

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your dear husband! Quite a milestone for sure. We've always enjoyed Trick or Treaters. It was a special time to see neighbors and their kids. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your husband on his retirement! I don't enjoy Halloween decor very much, other than pumpkins, but I love seeing the little trick or treaters come by the door. Charleston is such a beautiful city. I would love to visit it again some time. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of the orange door and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer