Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snowflakes That Stay on My Nose and Eyelashes...

"Silver white winters that melt into spring, these are a few of my favorite things."  We're in a winter wonderland here at Forest Manor.  I know people up north get sick of this white stuff, and believe me, I would too if we had it all the time.  But some winters, we don't get a single flake, so when we do, I can't help but appreciate the beauty of it all. 
 
 
Mr. Forest Manor went into work this morning because they're all under pressure to get a computer project implemented this weekend.  He had a meeting scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  However, when he got to work, the meeting had been canceled.  So after a bit, he drove back home since the snow was coming down hard and fast.  He snapped these pictures of the American flag at his office when he was on his way out.
 
 
 
For some reason, the birds were coming to the suet cakes in our front yard, but none seemed to be visiting the feeders out back, including the bark butter feeders.  Those are usually very popular in the winter and especially on a snowy day like today.
 
We saw blue birds several times, but when Hal was ready to take pictures, only these little dark-eyed juncos were still around.  They are cute birds, though, and their coloring is rather striking.
 
 
I love their little pink beaks.  :)
 
 
 
I think they look like they're wearing a tuxedo, only the coloring is reversed -- black at the top and white on the bottom.  Notice how white the tail feathers are underneath .
 
 
 
 
This really has been a beautiful snow.
 
 
 
 
I've enjoyed hibernating indoors today; I'm reading a cozy mystery, Aunt Dimity Digs In, listening to classical guitar, and watching Duncan sleep on the sofa.  I'm thankful to have a warm house to retreat to.  I can't help but think of the homeless shelters when the weather's like this, and I hope they've got enough beds for everyone tonight. 
 
Do you have snow where you live?  Are you staying warm and safe?  I sure hope so.  Thanks so much for stopping by; I always enjoy your visits.  See you soon!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Denise. Do you usually get snow in your area? We have below average snowfall for the season,, but it has been very cold. We are supposed to get snow for the week end, but we will see if it really happens. I love your look. The blog looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a beautiful snow here, melting now, but my guess is it will freeze again tonight--and what will the schools do tomorrow? the birds have been strikingly beautiful against the white snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty snow scenes. I enjoy snow mostly from the inside. :)
    No snow here in Western Washington. We had it on Christmas which was perfect. It's not a given that we will get snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow is beautiful, but I wouldn't want to see it all winter either.

    How is that little Duncan? He sure is a cutie.

    Living in Southern CA we never get snow, might get some frost once in a while. Stay warm and cozy.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many enjoying the snow all at once. Beautiful captures and I loved seeing the flag with its vivid colors against the white snow. Practicing hygge during snowstorms is one of life’s great joys. ☕️

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer