Thursday, October 27, 2016

Autumn at Biltmore Gardens

My husband took this past Friday and Monday off from work, and on Monday we visited Biltmore Gardens.  Our annual pass will expire the end of December, so we're trying to get a few more visits in.  We were last at the gardens for the spring blooms, which were spectacular, by the way.  We thoroughly enjoyed the fall offerings, too.


As you might imagine in October, there were mums and more mums, in their beautiful and varying fall colors.



I love the shadow play across the mums in this picture.


This is the color of mums I have on our front porch this year.


The sky was that beautiful shade of blue that seems to go hand in hand with autumn.



In the right foreground of this picture is a big wisteria trunk, a part of the wisteria vines that cover the latticed walkway.  In the background, you can see a portion of the roof of Biltmore House.


There were ample opportunities for snapping pictures that day, as the crowd was much lighter than when we visited back in April.


This is just a partial picture of the front of the conservatory; I couldn't resist snapping this because the sun was shining just perfectly on all that pretty glass.


On this visit, we parked below the gardens and entered from the back, through the conservatory.  I love this beautiful lamp post.


Ornate wrought iron detail on top of the conservatory roof.



This is probably my favorite color of chrysanthemums.


That's not a snake on the latticework; it's more of that amazing vine.  ;)


The gardens at Biltmore Estate were designed by landscape architect, Frederick Law Olmsted.




The terrace at the back of the conservatory offered a good view of the cute garden shop.


Looks like Santa's doing some shopping here, too.  ;)


As you can see, I was fascinated with the sunlight and shadows in this covered walkway.


We've really enjoyed having this annual pass for Biltmore House and Gardens; I'm sure we wouldn't have purchased it if they hadn't offered us a discount.  With the discount and us living just a few hours' away, it was well worth the investment.


I hope you'll come back for Part Two of the gardens in autumn.  What I didn't expect to see in October were the rose gardens still partially in bloom and some of the most gorgeous roses I've seen anywhere.  Thanks so much for your visit and have a wonderful weekend!!

Blessings,

Denise


All pictures taken by me.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Denise, right in my part of the state! One of these days I'll do a season pass at Biltmore, it is only 30 minutes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Denise, fall is really pretty at the Biltmore. That's great that you are using your annual pass well. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people plan to visit these big estates with their gardens blooming in summer but you've shown autumn has much beauty to offer as well thanks to the gardeners who take pride in the upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gardens are a joy to behold. Truly beautiful flowers. My Granddaughter had the pleasure to visit Biltmore a few years ago. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to see the Biltmore gardens in the Fall, Denise! What a nice trip for you and Hal to make on such a pretty day. Your photos are fabulous!
    Thanks for your visit to my latest posts. I've had my littlest granddaughter here since Wednesday on through to Sunday, and I haven't been able to visit as much. I also have another granddaughter sleeping right next to me! You were so sweet to leave those kind comments. I hope you and Hal have a lovely weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour. I'm hoping next year we can get there during the holidays.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jus WOW Denise! I love the Biltmore! Magical...thank you SO much for sharing your October tour! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular, Denise. Those colours are astonishing - you have some lovely shots there! I must admit, not being much of a gardener, I was initially puzzled about 'mums' and found myself looking for something maternal - but then realised you meant chrysanthemums; doh! At least, I assume that's what you meant. Anyway, it looks a wonderful place - somewhere Head Office and I would enjoy wandering around. Isn't the Christmas stuff early though?! - it's the same over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Biltmore Gardens are on my bucket list! My husband and I love to visit gardens when we go places.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer