Friday, September 16, 2016

Happy Friday!

Hello everyone and I hope you've had a good week.  As much as I would like to post more often, I just can't seem to accomplish that this year.  If it's not one thing, it's another -- or as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always something." ;)

Anywho, we just had an update/improvement made to our home today, and we are quite excited about it.  I don't have pictures to show you here yet; we have another related exterior project to be done, and then I can show you the before and after pictures.


  This is not our house, but there's a hint for you in the picture above.  Our house is 45 years old this year, and we have a list of things to be replaced/updated.  We're happy to have this one done because it looks pretty, makes things more efficient and comfortable, and adds value to our home.  It feels really good to be checking some things off our list. 

According to the calendar, fall is almost here, and we're starting to see a few signs here and there.  The daylight hours are definitely shorter, and a few leaves have started to fall.  The quality of light is certainly changing, and that's one of the many things I love about fall.  Instead of the white-hot light of high summer, this time of year brings us rich, golden sunshine and the long, beautiful shadows of the season.


This time of year rejuvenates me like no other time (spring is a close second).  :)  For me, there's a sense of expectation somehow, and I look forward to every day.

In other news,


I'm currently reading another Inspector Gamache book.  So far, I love it, as I have all of Louise Penny's books.  We've also started watching three new (to us) shows on PBS --


"Rosemary and Thyme," "Shetland," and "Midsomer Murders."  We used to watch Felicity Kendal years ago in "The Good Neighbors."  She has certainly aged very well.

I've seen some good posts from my fellow bloggers; some I've had time to read, and others just glance at.  I'll be going back to read more thoroughly and leave comments.  I hope you're all doing well and enjoying this wonderful time of year.  Thanks so much for taking some time out of your day to visit here -- it's greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Denise 

4 comments:

  1. I just had to laugh.....I normally quote Roseanne Roseannadanna every few days! Don;t you miss her? What a lovely garden spot you have Denise! And....I have watched episodes of Rosemary and Thyme on Netflix! We are indeed kindred spirits! Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have my curiosity up! I wonder what you've done. That window is sure pretty and the color is too. This morning I went out to sweep and for the first time the air felt wonderfully cool and fallish and I didn't sweat! Wow! But it will hit 90 today but I'm enjoying the hints of fall. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching Rosemary and Thyme on Netflix, love it. PBS just has the best shows too!! I am reading sewing related fiction this month. Will be interested to see your home and decorating project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed Rosemary and Thyme and of course all the Midsommer Murders. I'll have to search for Shetland. Love Louise Penny Inspector Gamache series. I just bought her latest book. I checked out 3 of her books on CD to listen to on an upcoming time we'll be spending on the road. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer