Sunday, October 1, 2023

An Apple Orchard and Apple Fritter Bread

The month of October is off to a beautiful start, wouldn't you agree?  In my previous post, I wrote about our little getaway to Hendersonville, in the North Carolina mountains.  On the day we headed home, we got an early start after breakfast and made our way to Grandad's Apples.  This was the first time we had ever visited an apple orchard; we've always just stopped at produce stands along the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall to get our fresh apples.  
   


If you have plans to visit the North Carolina mountains this fall season, I would definitely recommend Grandad's Apples.  We were impressed with this pretty location; they have a little bit of everything apple-related, and some pumpkins, as well.
   


I'm always interested to see the way farmers/growers make the best use of their land.  These folks had a field of sunflowers,
   
 

a corn maize (orange sign),
   

and a lavender patch.  So pretty!
   

We bought a bag (1/2 peck) of golden delicious and a bag of red Rome apples.  My mom bought some individual apples because she won't be able to use as many as us.  I also shared some with my in-laws (we wound up with a lot of apples). 😀 
   

In addition to apples, there were loaves of applesauce bread, 
   

apple cider,
   

baking mixes,
   

towels, pottery, coffee, and t-shirts.  
   

There were jams, jellies, and honey,
   

and fresh baked goods.  This was a perfect way to end our trip to Hendersonville.
      


I do wonder how they got the John Deere tractor up there... 😉
   




Last week, I made some apple fritter bread.  I'll be sharing the recipe for this in my next post.  There are so many scrumptious-looking recipes out there using apples -- what a versatile fruit.  Since I managed to come home with a whole peck of apples, I'd better get busy. 😁  
   
Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! 
   

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to stop by and Pick Me UP!! Lolol
    Wow...lots of great looking yummies! I know you had a great time!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandad's Apples was a wonderful stop! I'd love to visit a farm/orchard like that. Lots of goodies to purchase, too. Great photos, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun stop at Grandad's Apples. Your apple fritter bread looks delicious. We arrived home to lots of apples on our trees and I'll be making apple pies and other things. I'll look forward to your recipe, too. Have a great weekend, Denise.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer