Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Easter Tablescape

Hello all!  Today I'm sharing some images of my Easter table from April.  Yes, this post is a little late.  😏  I had the table set up before Easter, but since we left town the day after, I just got the pictures made this week.  Last week, it was cloudy and overcast here all week, which doesn't make for good pictures.  With the lighting in our dining room, I struggle to get good pictures even on sunny days.

   

You've seen most of my Easter things before, since this is my 13th year of posting tablescapes.  You've seen my white dishes and ceramic rabbits, but this year, I have a few new things.  Last year, I bought the table runner and flatware holders at HomeGoods, but I didn't get around to setting an Easter table last year.  This year in January, my mom and I were shopping at HomeGoods, and I found the egg cups.  She had given me a gift card for HomeGoods at Christmas, so I used it to purchase these Peter Rabbit egg cups.  At first, I wasn't sure about this table since I don't normally use orange and green at Easter, but I love the way it turned out.  I think the green table runner looks so springy, and it's the right shade of green to match a lot of the things I already have.
      
   

The carrot-shaped flatware holders coordinate with the table runner, and the table runner is also reversible.
   

Isn't this cute?  :D  I chose to use the green side this year because I thought the green would blend with more things (and also because I love polka dots).  However, next time I will go with the carrots for something different.  Either way, it makes for a very cheerful table.  The little Peter Rabbit here is a sentimental favorite for me; my mother-in-law gave it to Will when he was very young.  You can wind Peter up, and he hops. 
   

I adore these Peter Rabbit egg cups.  They also had plates at the time I bought these, but I didn't feel like I have a lot of room to store them right now.  When we were expecting our baby (almost 33 years ago) I chose to do his nursery in a Beatrix Potter theme.  We didn't know the gender of the baby, because I wanted to be surprised.  I knew that Peter Rabbit would work for a girl or a boy.  I will forever love the charming illustrations that Beatrix Potter painted for her books.
   

Each egg cup has a different picture.
   

Please excuse the quality of these two pictures; my camera did not want to focus, for some reason.
   
      
We have started buying brown eggs at our local Costco, and I really like them.  They're from cage-free chickens, they have a good taste, and I think they're pretty, too.  We've used Eggland's Best eggs for years, and we may end up going back to them, but for now, we're enjoying these.


I chose the Peter Rabbit plush toy for the centerpiece because of the egg cups.  This also belonged to our son; it was given to him by his great-grandmother. 
   

I've had the two white, ceramic rabbits for many years; one was a gift, and the other came from either HomeGoods or Michael's.
   


Napkins and napkin rings came from Bed, Bath & Beyond, and all plates and the cake stand came from HomeGoods.  The goblets are from our wedding crystal, "French Cathedral," by Gorham.  
   
       
            
   
This may seem like a big waste of time to some people -- setting up a table and taking all these pictures, but it gives me a chance to be creative.   
            
             
 One of the bloggers that I like to read has a fun hobby she really enjoys.  She was sharing pictures of this recently, and she wrote that in addition to enjoying her hobby, she also does it as a stress reliever.  
    
         
      
She says that doing something fun and creative helps her stay positive in this crazy world we live in now.  My sentiments exactly!    
   

         
Thank you so much for your visit today!  I hope you take time to do something you really enjoy -- something that helps you stay positive.  Have a great week, my friends!  
   
Joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for "Tablescape Thursday." 
   

4 comments:

  1. How very atractive and festive! Delightful! Have a grand week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those egg cups! Fun Easter table. Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Peter Rabbit egg cups are the sweetest things! How fun to see your Easter table. Easter was at our daughter's home this year since we were (and still are) in the midst of renovations. Little tablesetting art is happening these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is so cheerful, Denise. I love that runner, the flatware holders and those darling egg cups. Your centerpiece really pops! We do live during crazy times and anything to keep us stress free and happy, is worth it!
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer