Friday, February 19, 2021

Winter Dining Room

Happy Friday all!  This has been some winter storm!  So far, we've gotten pretty lucky here, but it's not over yet.  I feel so bad for the people in Texas who are dealing with terrible conditions.  I hope they get some relief very soon!
   
   
   
  I set up this winter centerpiece on the dining room table after I put away the Christmas dishes back in January.  I hadn't even planned to take a picture because I've been kind of blah lately.  But now we're having this winter storm, and I thought we could use a touch of warm and cozy.  Hal gave me the flowers for Valentine's, and they've stayed really fresh and pretty.  I've never had this combo of flowers before -- it makes for a lovely bouquet.
   


  I know this pandemic has been very stressful for the health care workers, and we certainly appreciate their dedication.  But for those folks who are working from home, or are retired, the overall sameness day after day really can be a challenge, too.  I find it helps me somewhat to do something creative, so that's why I turn to decorating.  I also need to get back to practicing my calligraphy.  What are you doing to keep yourself active and interested while we continue to experience lockdowns and social distancing?  Are you able to exercise at all?
   

   
        
   
Have you experienced power outages where you live?  I hope you're all staying warm and dry, with plenty to eat.  Thanks for stopping by today!
  
  

9 comments:

  1. You should show us a sample of your calligraphy sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an upside down world we're living in...all of us. Hospitals here remain mostly empty, not a covid patient in sight, yet a dear friend is on a long list waiting for much needed heart surgery. I was just asking God what I am supposed to be doing because I surely have not discovered it on my own. Not feeling like decorating or blogging. In another twist, my corner has had a mostly mild winter and here Texas and other points south are dealing with all these horrid temps and no power. I hope that we all will have learned lessons from this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee,

      I'm so sorry about your friend having to wait for heart surgery -- what a crazy world we live in now. Like you, I feel like I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing either. I'm just trying to keep up with the house and feeding my family. I can believe that your Covid numbers are low there; I think our area is probably more densely populated, and unfortunately, we now know of several deaths of friends and acquaintances. Since Christmas, we've heard about six deaths related to people we know, so we're just hunkering down until we can get the vaccine. We've always been cautious, but we're not staying awake at night worrying. We go out to the grocery store and for restaurant takeout, etc. Hal is still swimming at our local YMCA, but I'm exercising here at home. I think about you and hope you're well; I miss your blog posts but I understand how you don't feel like blogging at the moment. I sure appreciate your visiting and commenting here, my friend. Take care!! Much love to you...

      Delete
  3. Those are lovely settings! I'm happy to have things I can do that is creative! Hoping for Spring so I can get to the flowers. But not yet as the weather is just too COLD!! Happy weekeknd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are finding some cheer in the midst. It's a sad situation in Texas for sure. I enjoyed your vignette of light with your bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candles and flowers are so pretty and very cheering during these days when we look forward to spring. We had snow last weekend, but now the temperatures are rising little by little and rain is in the forecast. So the snow will disappear soon. I get out for walks in the neighbourhood, and am slowly finding a new rhythm to my days now that I'm retired. It's been 3 weeks!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that we have power once again, I can finally visit my favorite blogs as I enjoy a hot cup of coffee...and as always, you have a lovely post to linger over! How I love your style and home Denise! It's just warm, cozy and so inviting. Thank you for such beautiful inspiration today....hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks really pretty. The flowers are beautiful. Hal did good, as usual. Glad the storm didn't amount to anything. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer