Thursday, May 2, 2019

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

We haven't been to market to buy a fat pig 😉 but we have just returned home from four days here --
  
  
Governor's Palace  
    
Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
    
   
King's Arms Tavern
  
Such a lovely, fascinating town and chock full of history of the birth of our nation.
  
  
If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend a visit to Williamsburg.  I've always loved history, and lately I feel a strong desire to visit (and re-visit) our historical sites.  I've been fortunate to visit Philadelphia and Valley Forge, Washington, D.C. and Mount Vernon, Charlottesville, Williamsburg, and Charleston, South Carolina.  One day, I hope to visit Boston and Concord, as well as Bath and Edenton, in North Carolina.  
  
Do you like visiting historic places?  Which is your favorite so far?  
  
Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Blessings,
    

3 comments:

  1. We've been there 3 times in the Summer and went there for Christmas this past year. The Summer trips we loved but did not enjoy it for Christmas because it was so cold. It was still nice but cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing A bit of Williamsburg Denise...we went often when living in Virgina Beach...it is so lovely and enjoyable. I remember King's Tavern. It would be marvelous for parents to visit with their children...so educational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I have visited Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts and Kings Landing in New Brunswick, Canada. I really like both locations. I love Mt. Vernon, but have not visited for many years. I am glad that you had a nice visit to Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer