Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Susie's Christmas House, Part 3

This is the final post sharing Christmas pictures of my mom's friend's house.  
  
        
  This is the master bedroom, and my mom and I thought this white tree was beautiful.  I'm so traditional, I can't see me using one in our home, but I can still admire Susie's tree.  :)  
  
  
I love the aqua-colored ornaments here.
  
  
And such a pretty tree skirt --
  
  
  
This is an antique rocking horse, and he sure is handsome, don't you think?  You can see part of Susie's curtains in the background here,
  
  
and here.  She decorated her trees in this room to coordinate with the colors of her curtains and bedspread.  I love the combination of blues, aqua, gold, and brown -- a very sophisticated color combination.
  
  
See what I mean about the colors?  This is such an elegant little tree.
  
  
  
   
This tree is also in the master bedroom -- so charming and whimsical with the ocean theme.
  
  
This piece continues the aqua, gold, and brown color theme.
  
  
I was so glad to see this little vignette.  My husband and I grew up watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas," and I'm so fond of these characters.
  
  
Love these Dickens-style carolers.  They were displayed on the dresser in the master bedroom.
  
         
Here's a really cute girlie tree in the master bathroom -- a shoes and pocketbook tree.
  
  
  
Moving on to the second bedroom...
  
  
This is Susie's gardening-themed tree.
  
   
I think the little Coleman lanterns are awfully cute.  ;D
  
  
Notice the darling sheep on the right, dressed as shepherds.
     
   
I remember this tree from my visit six years ago, and it's one of my favorites.
  
  
The theme here is children's toys; look at Curious George, the airplane, and the fire engine.
  
  
Here are Raggedy Ann and Andy and a cute tricycle.
  
  
Love, love this balloon tree-topper and the bicycle. 
 
  
  
  
  
On to the third bedroom.
  
   
  
Here's a close-up of the ornaments and beautiful ribbon.  This tree includes some framed family photos, which is a nice sentimental touch.
  
  
  
  
Here is Susie's mouse tree.
  
  
Sigh.  I almost didn't take pictures of this tree because we've had a time with mice over the past few years.  Then, believe it or not, when I got in my car to drive home the very day I took these pictures, I opened the lid to my console next to my car seat, and there was a big mouse nest in the console.  Eeeek!!  I didn't realize what it was at first, and when it finally registered with me, I couldn't get out of that car fast enough.  I hate mice!!  Oh, they're awfully cute in those Beatrix Potter books, but in real life -- just no.
  
  
I thought this tree covered with vintage brooches was a cute idea.
  
  
   
Here's the second bathroom.
  
  
  
That's it for the decorations.  I apologize for the picture overload; this is the final post on Christmas 2018 -- period -- the end.  😄  Maybe you got some ideas that you can use for next year; I hope you enjoyed looking.  Thank you, Susie, for sharing your lovely home with us! 
 
Thanks, everyone, for your visit and have a wonderful week!
Cheers,
   
 

2 comments:

  1. A mouse? Eeek! How in the world did he get into the console?

    Susie has such a festive home. How long does it take her to decorate or undecorate? I doff my cap to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it’s very pretty, that’s a lot of “stuff”. Not for me but it’s good to see such lovely decor.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer