Thursday, September 17, 2015

What I'm Reading

Hi all!  I hope you're having a good week!  Just wanted to share with you the book I'm currently reading.


Have you seen or read this book?  It's the fourth book in the "Maggie Hope" series of mysteries.  These books take place in Europe during World War II, and I find them to be more like spy thrillers than the mysteries I typically read.  However, since I picked up the first one, Mr. Churchill's Secretary, I'm having a really hard time putting these books down.  ;)  I'm on a major reading binge, and it's thrown me behind with everything, including my visits to blog friends.  I paid some visits and left comments last weekend, but I still have several left to do.  I haven't forgotten my friends out there -- I promise!

Each installation in this series seems to get better -- I found the first to be exciting, but a little awkward at times, if that makes any sense.  What I really like about these books is that I'm finding out things about World War II that I never knew, and it's clear the author has researched her subject.  I know there is a lot of material available on WWII, but I don't want dry, textbook reading.

My dear husband is the one who told me about the series; he saw the author's latest book on Amazon.com, and maybe you can guess what caught his eye about the book's cover...?

source


Hmmm -- reminds us of someone.


If you've read any of these books, I'd love to hear what you think.  Thanks so much for visiting here, and have a wonderful day!

Hugs from,

Denise and Duncan
   

10 comments:

  1. I have not read any of these books yet, but based on your recommendation, I certainly will. I love the cover too. Although Bentley is a Yorkie (my third Yorkie) my very first dog as a child was a Scottie and that breed holds a special place in my heart. I am a reader too and although I read lots of non-fiction and literature, I love a good mystery! Thanks for the head's up!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that's a cute cover; can see why your husband noticed it. A cover on a book can draw one in to reading the book. Glad you are getting some relaxation. A page turner is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books too! Can't t wait to read the new one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there. Looks like a good series and I'll see if I can get on a list at the library for them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reads! I read the first one and haven't found the others at our library - I'll have to look for them in used bookstores or just buy them new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not come across these books, but the covers suggest they could be a bit of a giggle? Would they appeal to a slightly curmudgeonly Brit who knows a little about WW2?! Have a great weekend, both of you. Greetings from across the Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that your dear hubby discovered these books for you, Denise. I haven't heard of this series, but I always enjoy a good recommendation on books.
    Happy weekend of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must give this a read. I just finished Queen of Hearts (Her Royal Spyness Series) by Rhys Bowen and just begun The Edge of Dreams (Molly Murphy Series) by her as well. I do love a good mystery! Thank you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your reading, Denise. You deserve a break.
    Hope you had a good birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look great! I'm going to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer