Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Bit About Barn Quilts

Hi folks.  I was glad to see that lots of you enjoyed our pictures from the mountains that I posted this week.  In particular, I received a lot of comments on the barn quilts.


Since a few of you mentioned that you weren't familiar with them or had never seen one before, I thought I would post a few links to sites about barn quilts, in case you'd like more information about them.

  • I thought this first site was great -- very informative.
  •  This Wiki site gives some information about the history of barn quilts
 
 We've seen these pretty barn quilts throughout North Carolina and Virginia for several years now.  I just love them!  Now if I just had a barn.  ;)

Thanks for your visit and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Denise

2 comments:

  1. Barn quilts are so cool. While we do not have a traditional red barn, we do have red brick building, long and narrow that could carry a barn quilt and it would look cool. Nor do I think I have seen many here. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for the links, Denise. And don't you know I found a county in Washington that has barn quilts and we even drove through that county on the way to our son's house last weekend. We stayed on the interstate through the county so we didn't see any barn quilts but..when we travel over with more leisurely time I'm going make a detour off the main road to track some barn quilts down. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer