Saturday, November 30, 2013

Images of Christmas Past

Alma, who blogs at The Tablescaper, has a wonderful idea for a link party.  Tomorrow, for her weekly Seasonal Sundays party, she's suggested we link our posts from previous Christmases.  I think this is a brilliant idea because we're all busy as bees trying to get ready for this Christmas -- decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, addressing Christmas cards.  Soooo, I went through my archives and found some things to share from previous Christmases.  Some things were published in posts, but others are just pictures we took, but I never got a chance to do a post on them.  I hope you enjoy!


Our dining room Christmas 2010, before I actually started my blog.  I purchased this Christmas bird tassel from Angela at The Tassel House on etsy.com.  Sadly, I don't think Angela is making tassels anymore.


A few pics of our den...and another of Angela's tassels.



You can see the lights from our living room Christmas tree through this window.




One of our many Scottie ornaments above; my mother-in-law brought us this one from Williamsburg.  Boy do I miss our MacDuff.


Last Christmas, I wrote about our Dickens Christmas Village.


My mom's good friend and neighbor, Susie, gave us a tour of her beautiful home decorated for Christmas.



You can see more of Susie's amazing Christmas decorations Here and Here.


I wrote about going to the tree farm to pick out our Christmas trees and the Ashe County Cheese Factory last year...


You can read about that Here.


I re-published a Christmas tablescape, "Pretty In Plaid."



In 2011, I showed you our Christmas mantel.


Last year, I changed it just a little by hanging a wreath,


...and adding some ivory, flameless pillar candles.


I showed you two of our Nativity scenes in 2011...



...and I gave you a tour of Replacements, Ltd., all decorated for the Christmas holidays.  This was a picture-heavy post, but ladies, it is a real treat to see this place.  They must have a sample of every Christmas dish ever made.  :)



You can see the whole post Here.

And finally, there were 2012 "Christmas Wishes" from our house to yours.




I think most of us love to look back to Christmases of yesteryear.  It reminds us of all the sweet, loving times in life.



Why not go through your archives and show us some of your past Christmas posts and images?  We can all use a little inspiration; and the more, the merrier.  :)  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Denise

I'm joining:
 The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Cindy for Amaze Me Monday
Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. So many wondrous posts. Can't wait to see what your home will look like this year.

    Wonderful to have you be at Christmases Past at Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great pics of fun ideas Denise! I love your neighbor's village tree, such a fun idea:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree branches filled with cardinals.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went back and revisited your pretty in Plaid, post. Love it!
    Hope you will take part in the Dec. 11 challenge!
    Here from Seasonal Sunday. Hope all is well with you, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the tour, Denise. Everything is so pretty. Your Christmas Village is fabulous!I love your tassel and the replacements décor and tablescape is a treat...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, I love your Christmas Past post. My family was here Tuesday through Saturday so I have been very busy cooking and visiting. I think I read your post at bedtime and thought I left a comment. I guess I was so tired I didn't. Each pic in your post has such warmth and love. I enjoyed it very much.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that tour. I remember being wowed by it. What I didn't remember ('cause I'm not a robot) was the detail. I love the idea of a revisit post and wish that I had been around to do it. I've been distracted with a friend who passed away Saturday so am just getting back around to my blog friends. (Sorry.)

    What I really loved the most was seeing the picture with the tree branch and cardinals. I was just looking at my half bath and wondering how to use my bird ornaments without pulling out the little faux tree which is so old and lame at this point that I don't want to use it. That was inspiration for me.

    Hoping to be around over Christmas, if for no other reason than to have record of how I decorated this year to use when I can't remember how to do it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again I am reminded at how similar our houses are! Enjoyed seeing all of your pictures, some I remember such as the village. Pretty green dishes from Replacements. I bet if you visit at this time of year they have christmas stuff out!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer