Monday, December 31, 2012

An Amazing Christmas House, Part One

Hi all!  I hope you've had a chance to do some things you enjoy this weekend.  Did you spend the weekend taking down and putting away your Christmas decorations?  Not me; I believe the Christmas season lasts until Epiphany on January 6th, so I leave my decs up until the sixth (sometimes longer). 

I know we've all been inundated with Christmas images for the last month (or more), but I just have to share some pictures of this home with its amazing Christmas decorations before December is completely gone.  My mom's very dear friend and neighbor was kind enough to invite my husband and I to see her home with all her beautiful Christmas decor before she takes it down for the year.  We had actually hoped to see and photograph it before Christmas, but it didn't work out that way.  We ended up being too busy to visit her until today, actually.

We took so many pictures that I had to make this a two-part post.  So here we go with Part One; you can see Part Two Here.  I'm going to show Susie's foyer, dining room, and den in the first post, and the rest of the house in the second post.
 

This wreath is on the inside of the front door.


 
This Father Christmas and the two trees are just inside the front door.
 
 
   
 I've never seen anything like this; it's a platform in the shape of a tree made to display Department 56 villages.  Isn't it amazing?!

 
Here are some closeups of the village itself.

 
I like the windmill in the next picture.

  

   
 
I love this darling church.
 

Susie's dining room, decorated so beautifully with Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village" dishes and mercury glass trees.




Her mercury glass and apothecary jar are gorgeous!


Everything on the table just sparkles.



I like the way she's decorated the backs of the chairs.


Gorgeous mirror and chandelier!




I loved this long window with the deep sill in her dining room.  The greenery and candle look so elegant in the window.



Now we're in the den, where she has a great display of Byers Choice carolers.  I love the horse-drawn carriage in the background.



And here is Susie's pretty mantel and the wreath she made herself.


This is the snowman tree that we can see to the right of the fireplace.  I really love the mittens; it's hard to tell in this picture, but they've been hung on twine with little miniature clothespins.  Too cute.  :)

 

 This is her bird/nature tree.



This winter tree full of cardinals is one of my favorite things in her house.  I would love to have one of these.  The cardinal pillow coordinates perfectly.


If I had one of these trees, I'd leave it up in my home all winter.


I'll end this part of the post with some pictures of the exterior of Susie's home.  More great mittens.  :D



Lining the front sidewalk are these snowmen from Jan Karon's book, "The Mitford Snowmen."  Susie found these many years ago at a Hallmark store.


Because they're made of metal and she's been putting them outside for several years, they've started to rust.  I'm sure the white part could be repainted to look like new.





Thanks for taking the time to visit us at House at Forest Manor.  I always appreciate your visits, and I hope you'll leave a comment so I'll know you were here.

Today I'm joining Susan at Between Naps On the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.  I hope you'll stop by to see the other entries.

Cheers,

Denise

10 comments:

  1. oh my! I don't know where to begin with my comment. This was a fun peek at some wonderful Christmassy decor! The church was cute but that entire tree with the platforms. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, well you definately had to share this- wow - they REALLY go all out, don't they?

    I adored that cardinal tree too...and a REAL sleigh outside?

    BTW- my MIL absolutely thinks it is a mortal sin if peeps don't keep their Christmas stuff up till Epiphany!!

    Thanks for sharing - and have a wonderful New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautifully decorated home, it's magical...my favorites are the village in the tree and the cardinal tree...both are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures turned out beautifully. My Son-in-Law is a great photographer! Susie will be thrilled to see her beautiful home captured in these pictures. Thanks for doing this. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Denise, thanks for taking me along on this tour! What a gorgeous home and her decor is like a magazine. I LOVE the tree containing the village. Where did they get the base? I bet her hubby made it. I would buy one if available, love it. Happy New Year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love the cardinal tree, one of my most favorite wild birds, you know I love my feathered friends! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I LOVE that Department 56 Village Tree! I would love to know how they did that! I have a bunch of those houses and never have enough space in which to display them. Pleas do let us know.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been here for a while this morning trying to catch up. I don't even know which post I'm commenting on actually because I have enjoyed the pictures so much and stopped to pin.

    This home is AMAZING!!! I love the tree for the Dept. 56 stuff. I can not wait to show this to my mom. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful decorations. I love that Christmas village tree. What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all so stunning! I just love her home and all her trees.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs.
    Shel

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer