Sunday, July 4, 2021

Fourth of July 2021

Hello Friends!  I hope you're all enjoying a beautiful day in your part of the world.  It's lovely here, but already hot.  Yesterday was the most perfect July day, weather-wise.  July 3rd is my Dad's birthday, and he would have been 80 years old yesterday.  He's been gone for three years now, and my mom decided to have a family get-together yesterday on his birthday.  It was so nice for us all to be together and enjoy one another's company and remember my dad.  We played corn hole (my first time ever to play) and it was fun.  Hal had already spent the first half of the day at car events taking photos, and he was well and truly worn out by the time we got home last night.  We had a very full day yesterday, so today will be somewhat low key.
   

   
   
Today we are celebrating American independence from Great Britain.  I think I will always have a fondness (and fascination) for the mother country of England, but I am an American through and through.  😊  I love the Fourth of July, especially, but I also love the patriotic feel that summer seems to bring for us and our family.  Have you ever noticed how much red, white, and blue we see in the summertime, and not just on our American flag?
   
   
Patriotic Trifle   
         
   
Fresh Flowers   
   
   
Laurel Gray Vineyards   


French National flag, the Tricolor at the
Tour de France on Bastille Day -- we watch this every summer :)
   

Farmer's Market Produce in July
   

Family Beach House  
   
Red, white, and blue just says summer to me.  But on the Fourth of July, I love to see our American flag flown everywhere we go.  Ours is not out at the moment because I don't want to fly our flag on a messy front porch.  I hope we can get it out in a few days.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying images from previous summers.
   
 
    



    
       

 
 
"Liberty is the breath of life to nations."~ Bernard Shaw  
   

Happy Fourth of July!!  Thanks so much for your visits, always, and have a wonderful holiday weekend!
   
  

1 comment:

  1. Rich’s birthday was also July 3rd, Denise. My daughter and three of her kids came over and made a big breakfast to honor his memory. I hope you and Hal had a nice July 4th. πŸ’™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ❤️

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer