Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Just A Quick Word

Hello all!  This is something of a test post because my husband just added word verification to my blog.  I hope it will only be needed for a short while.  I'm okay with the New Blogger format, except for one thing.  The Spam Flagging/Security must be zilch at the moment.  Some pervert has latched onto my blog and is leaving the most disgusting comments.  I'm neither amused nor impressed, believe me.  I have my settings checked for only comments from users with Google accounts.  These ridiculous comments are all labeled "Unknown" so one would think they wouldn't be getting through, but they are.  Several a day, in fact.  I've always had Comment Moderation, and it's a good thing, because I'd hate to think these comments would be on my blog posts for the world to see.  Whoever or whatever is sending these obviously has way too much time on his/her hands.
   
I'm going to publish this now to see if the word verification shows up in my comments area.  Please bear with me while I try to get rid of this mess.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's too bad. I just don't understand those who spread filth and evil around. I hope the situation is soon resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, and, believe me, blogger is getting my feedback every single time. I send them screenshots and ask why I have to deal with comments that never should get through in the first place. Hope it resolves for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise. Sorry about the things you are seeing on your blog, BUT you are not alone. I have been getting them for sometime and I keep pretty close watch so I can delete them off. Exasperating!! Such filthy and stupid people. I don't think it is attributed to the new interface as I just started using it yesterday to put out my last post, and I was getting all the trash on the regular one we have been using the whole time. I really am not savvy enough to figure out how to fix it, so if you find out anything please let me know..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this Denise...I too began receiving vulgar comments all of a sudden...very upsetting and I almost deleted my blog over this.....they seemed to have stopped right now...extremely annoying to deal with this trash.....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. Now I'm keeping a close watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, too. I've been lucky so far, but will be more observant! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer