Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Day

 
 
"Queen Guinevere's Maying" ~John Collier
 
Happy May Day to you!  Yesterday it was quite cool here in our part of North Carolina; I told my husband yesterday evening that it felt like an English spring.  Today the temperature is supposed to reach 80°.  I just took Duncan for a walk, and it looks like a perfect first day of May.  Things are blooming; there are still some dogwoods covered with snow-white blossoms, and I saw some peony buds in my neighbors' yard.  Our Gertrude Jekyll rose bush has buds on it, too.
 
 
  I love the month of May -- how about you?  It's a time to celebrate mothers, a wedding anniversary here, and Memorial Day, as well.  It's also time to go to the garden shops and buy flowers -- always a hopeful endeavor.  ;)
 
Here's to celebrating the merry month of May!
 
Cheers,
 
    

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a pic of Duncan on his walk! Beautiful rose bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And happy May to you! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your May has been good, Denise, and all is wonderful with you. The UK has been, uncharacteristically, basking in fabulous sunshine; even our little garden looks OK! Love your shot of Guinevere. I came across a website the other day that may be of interest to you - the owner stopped by A Bit About Britain and left a nice comment, but her main business seems to be table settings - http://entertablement.com/

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer