Sunday, September 25, 2016

My Favorite Season

"No spring nor summer's beauty has such grace,
As I have seen in one Autumnal face..."~John Donne, "Elegy IX, The Autumnal"  


Hi folks; I'm still here and thank you for not giving up on me.  :)  As of this evening, we finally have all our blinds back on the windows and all the curtains back up, too.  We had replacement windows installed in our home on September 15th, and we had 13 sets of blinds to re-hang.  On this Wednesday, September 28th, they'll be here to put up all new gutters for us.  We're thrilled because they'll look so much better, and we won't have to worry about cleaning those bad boys anymore.  ;)  Now it's time for me to get over to the carpet store and start selecting new carpet for our den and hallway.  I'd really like to have that done by Christmas if possible.

Are you ushering in fall in your part of the world yet?  Have you started to enjoy some cooler temperatures?  Today was the first cool day we've had in over a week.  I'm busily putting out the fall decor in our house, so I'll have some pictures to show you later in the week.  Those of you who are new to House at Forest Manor, you might enjoy seeing some images from previous fall posts.


Last year, we took a little day trip to Jan Karon's beloved town of "Mitford" (Blowing Rock, North Carolina).  It was beautiful on that fall day.


I took this picture of our front-yard maple from the guest bedroom window last October.


An October drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in 2015.



October roses last year...


It's time to bring out the tartan plaids again.



In 2014, we were able to photograph some of the wild thistle flowers growing along the Blue Ridge Parkway.  They always make me think of Scotland.  :)



In September 2014, we visited Raffaldini Vineyards, in the Yadkin Valley wine region of North Carolina.




The following month, I put together an Italian-themed tablescape and hosted a dish giveaway in conjunction with Pfaltzgraff.



Also in fall of 2014, we drove through the mountains of Virginia, where we saw an abundance of autumn's bounty.




Southport is lovely in the fall.



In 2012 we visited the Church of the Fresco in Glendale Springs, North Carolina.


 
In 2013, we stopped at Mabry Mill, in Virginia --


where we were entertained by this drake, who was showing off for his mate.


He put on quite a performance.  ;)

As I get older, I realize how many people seem to love fall best of all the seasons.  We certainly adore it here at our house -- so many things to do and see.  Thanks so much for stopping by here, and I hope you have a great week!



Blessings,

Denise

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumn photos, Denise. It certainly is a wonderful, mellow season. Your porch and entrance looked wonderful - looking forward to seeing what you do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise...this post was just full of autumn.....it just made my heart happy! Love and hugs for a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favourite season and the Pfaltzgraff dishes I won from your giveaway have been in use for about a week now.
    Today is cool and raining but I managed to garden for a couple of hours first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled by the slight dip in our temperatures. It feels like a relief after the months of high heat and humidity.
    You have captured the best of the autumn season in your beautiful photos. I'm hoping we can make time this year for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    It sounds like you've been busy getting things done around your house. How nice it will be when everything is done... just in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise! You've been doing some traveling too and how lovely! Isn't Autumn the most beautiful season? Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly live in a gorgeous part of the country, Denise, and I know you appreciate traveling with your hubby to so many special places. I enjoyed seeing your Fall photos again.
    Your new Windows look great. It's so nice that you keep your home updated and comfortable.
    Hugs and blessings, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, every picture tells a story and is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you looked back over a few years with these. Kitty and I live near each other in the Dallas area....we don't have these sights around us. I have never ever seen a tree in those burning yellow colors!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer