Friday, June 10, 2016

Checking In...

Hello to you all!  Summer is well and truly here in the state of North Carolina.  Whew -- hot and humid.  I first want to say that there are still some of my regular readers that I have fallen behind in visiting.  Not many, I hope, because I did pay some visits earlier this week; but what I want to tell you is that once again, I must take a few days off, as we are set to take another trip.  Yep, we're going to the "Happiest Place on Earth" -- in the middle of June with scorching hot temps. and a few gazillion  million other people.  😜  That's right folks, we're heading to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.


Now I'm not much for heat, humidity, and crowds, but this is a family trip, including mother and father-in-law and my husband's brother, his wife, and their children.  Oh, and our son, Will, is able to get away from work to join us for three days.  I'm really glad about that because he's always loved Disney World.  We'll all be staying at the same hotel, but we'll have our own individual schedules, since all ages are represented, and not everyone wants to do the same thing.  The part I dread most is the drive down there.

If I were a stranger looking at this blog, I might think, "Gee, they're always traveling."  It seems that way lately, but we weren't able to travel much when we were younger.  Like many of you, we were trying to get established and raise our son.  My husband was in graduate school and working full-time, then he was traveling for work; and frankly, we didn't have the money to do a lot of traveling.  When our son graduated from college three years ago, we felt like we'd gotten a raise.  ;)  Also, my husband has more vacation time built up because of his seniority.  So, we're seeing a few more things nowadays.



I'm so fortunate to be able to travel more, but I'm a conflicted traveler.  I'm excited to go, yet I'm anxious about leaving home.  I find myself puttering around and thinking that I should have taken care of this or that, and I wish I had time to clean this before we go.  What if something happens to us, and people have to come into our house?!  Are any of you this way, too, or is it just me?  It's also hard to leave little Duncan, even though he seems to like "puppy summer camp" at Miss Linda's.

It's hard for me to keep up with my blog these days, more so than when I began in 2011.  However, this blog is important to me; I've invested a lot of time and effort in it, and I don't plan to give it up.  I want to say "Thank You" to the new folks who've visited and sent e-mails.  I appreciate your interest, and I'll be paying you a visit when we return!  I plan to catch up on a lot of things this summer and maybe try some new things.

Well, I need to quit stressing and get back to my "to do" list -- I'll be up all night.  ;)  Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.


 
Hugs,

      Denise     

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe drive, and have a lovely time!

    Tessa
    (A new one, here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a good time ahead of you except for the drive on 95. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe, fun trip, Denise...enjoy all the family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my darling Denise...you are a brave one to plan a trip to Disney in June! Y'all have a great time..there is no way you could not when enjoying the Magic Kingdom....Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have the best time, Denise. Will be anxious to hear how it all went and hope you survived the weather..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you folks today...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer