Thursday, April 21, 2016

Biltmore Gardens

I think maybe I should do wordless posts more often.  ;)  Based on the number of views on my "mostly wordless" post, there's a lesson to be learned here.  ;)  This post will have more words, but I promise to keep the words to a minimum.


Some of you may have guessed that the pictures in the previous post were taken at Biltmore Gardens, in Asheville, North Carolina.  We were fortunate to be able to visit the gardens last Sunday, and I'm so glad we did.  I've wanted to visit during tulip season for a few years now, and I was not disappointed.  Everything was gorgeous!

 
After our Christmas candlelight tour this past December, we received an e-mail from Biltmore offering us two annual passes (good for one year) at a discounted price.  It was a great deal, and we happily accepted.  We'll try to visit as often as we can during 2016.




I'm getting more comfortable with using the big-girl camera.  :)







That's one of Hal's macro shots above.  He got some awesome close-ups.



Also still in bloom that day were daffodils,


cherry trees,


lilacs,


bluebells, azaleas, dogwoods, and wisteria.







To date, these are some of my favorite gardens I've ever visited.


We'll explore the greenhouse conservatory in a future post.  ;)


You can find Part One of Biltmore Gardens Here.  As always, thank you for visiting with me!!  Your comments are much appreciated -- they really make my day.  :)  Hope you're having a good week!

I'm joining:
Thoughts of Home Thursday -- Decor to Adore
Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- Rattlebridge Farm 

Blessings,

Denise

12 comments:

  1. Denise,
    This is fabulous! Just when I thought that I had seen the prettiest bloom, there was yet another! It has been years since I visited the Biltmore and I long to visit again.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely inspiration with us today at TOHOT.
    If you have any gardening posts please join us on Monday for a garden party link up too!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,

    What wonderful photos. We love Biltmore, and have been passholders for several years. We go every Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    Love your picture looking through the trellis to the tulips.
    Have a great weekend,
    ~Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find more synonyms for beautiful. The word is simply not adequate for the stunning Biltmore Garden in spring. So glad that you have a pass to visit whenever you are able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. I wish I knew what the creeping floral ground cover is. What an absolute delight this post is!!! Thank you so very much for joining the gathering at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved their gardens. I was there while they were decorating for Christmas with all the beautiful poinsettias. They were outstanding. Would love to go back again.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to pic a favorite shot. Know it was an incredible tour experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you know that Rich and I visited the Biltmore gardens on our last vacation together, before he passed away, less than a year later. I'm sure visiting in the Spring might be the prettiest. You'll have to let us know what is your favorite time. How nice that you and Hal have passes to visit whenever your hearts desire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice you have the freedom now to go often and not have to do the entire thing since you know you can come back. It looks like you weren't disappointed on this trip. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't these gardens beautiful? We were there in June and it was such a pleasure to stroll through these gardens! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Biltmore Estate Denise! Your photos captured the beauty the gardens offer....especially in Spring! How absolutely gorgeous! Just a love post...thank you for sharing with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will be there next week! I've never been, and am super excited; this has been on my bucket list for some time!
    Enjoyed your post. Beth

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer