Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Hello there.  Are you watching football and/or dozing on the sofa?  I'm as full as a tick, and I'd love to be snoozing on the sofa right now while the hubs watches football.  😴 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of good food and family time.  We had a very enjoyable day, and I ate way too much.  I do love all the foods of Thanksgiving.  My mother-in-law had turkey, dressing, gravy, cranberry salad, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, yeast rolls, and pumpkin pie.  I made deviled eggs and a chocolate pie to contribute to the feast, and I think my husband's brother and his wife made brownies.  I don't think anyone left the table hungry.  😉


  I thought I would share these recipes here on the blog.  


I think deviled eggs are kind of a staple at family gatherings.  For years I made mine the same, boring way -- just mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper combined with the cooked yolks for the filling.  My mom found this recipe several years ago in a small community newspaper.  She shared the recipe with me, and this is now my go-to recipe for deviled eggs.  Hal and I like these, and I've gotten several compliments on them.


I prefer to use light or low-fat sour cream in this recipe, but regular sour cream is fine, too.  I just double the recipe when I'm taking these to a family meal.  For years, I couldn't peel boiled eggs without destroying some of them.  It was so frustrating, and I hated to make deviled eggs.  Now I boil the eggs for 12 -13 minutes, then put them straight into a pan of ice water for about 5 minutes.  At that point, I rinse them under the faucet and peel them right away.  I hardly ever make a mess of the deviled eggs anymore, and Hal doesn't have to listen to my grumbling.  ;)

I'll share the chocolate pie recipe tomorrow.  Thank you so much for your visit and have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Denise

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. This was actually the first year there were deviled eggs in the appetizer spread. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those deviled eggs sound delicious. We rarely have them, and think of them more as a summer picnic food. That might be our northern upbringing! I need to save this recipe. Glad you had a nice day and I hope you got your nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious Denise..I am so happy you had a lovely THANKSGIVING! Warm hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer