Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mid-Week Post

Happy Wednesday everyone!  What a busy few weeks we've had here.  I'm taking a little blog break for the rest of the week because, once again, I'm trying to cull out some things we no longer need.  Since our son moved out, we've been trying to get the house re-arranged and make some improvements.  It's never ending.  {:/


A friend of mine shared this on her Facebook page a few weeks ago, and I laughed out loud when I read it.  I read the first book this author wrote; when I finished it I remember thinking, "Um, no -- wouldn't work around here."  We have too many hobbies and way too many things that, if they don't exactly bring us Joy, they do give us pleasure.

There's some housework calling my name, so I've got to dash.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you're having a great week!

Hugs,

Denise

6 comments:

  1. Oh Denise.....we have been there before. It's actually a good feeling to declutter. You end up with a whole new look! Have a good weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to pass on your advice to my daughter who is purging g her house. With 3 little girls and her tendency to store and save, she has stored and saved way too much, so she has been purging a storage room trying to get it emptied out so build a movie room. I got sucked into her cleaning and ended up bring home stuff--I am trying to get of the excess, too. What collectors we become. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me smile, Denise. Mrs Britain would have no problem at all decluttering - if it wasn't for me and all my 'junk' (not my word)! You take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just about finished doing a major purge in the basement and considered the 'joy' aspect. It really wasn't difficult at all to get rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am getting ready to toss my entire house into the middle of the street and yell, "Come and get it!" LOL

    But I do hear you...some of these books on decluttering are ridiculous. My lawnmower brings me no joy at all, but I need it. Ditto many things that come to mind. Have fun...it sure is an ongoing process.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer