Wednesday, March 16, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Table 2016

It's almost time for the wearin' of the green -- are you ready?  :-D  It's St. Patrick's Eve, and I've set an Irish-themed table so I can participate in Kathleen's Annual St. Paddy's Day Blog Crawl.  If you'd like to join in the fun, head over to Cuisine Kathleen's blog and prepare to be Irish for the evening.


Last year, I did an Irish pub table in our kitchen.  It was fun and very informal.  This year, I decided to do a dressy table again.  You can see my St. Pat's table from 2014 Here.  I used some of these same things then, but I switched it up a bit this year, and I have to say I love the way it turned out.


So for starters, I used my Ralph Lauren table runner and matching napkins that I found at Marshall's several years ago.  Love, love these linens.  I love the old-fashioned pink roses and there's plenty of green in the fabric to make it feel Irish.  ;)  I used the placemats we purchased while in Ireland in 1999; they too have roses and they work well with the other linens and with the plates.

  
Here's a picture of the placemats from my 2014 tablescape.  I forgot to take one today.


The plates I've used are Lenox "Classic White" bone china, and green
 Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage plates.


I'm using our wedding crystal, Gorham "French Cathedral" (on the right) and Godinger "Dublin" crystal (on the left).  I only have four of the "Dublin" stems, which I found at HomeGoods a few years ago.



The flatware is International Silver Company, "Grande Regency" sterling.  It belonged to my mother-in-law, and she graciously passed it along to me.  


I used these shiny napkin rings,


and the salt and pepper shakers to add a little leprechaun "gold" to the table.  ;)


I had to take these pictures today because I didn't get everything set up last night when Hal was here.  His pictures are so much better than mine; some of these are really grainy-looking to me, but they'll have to do for now.  On the right end of the table, I've placed a white ceramic basket for the bread (I hope to be making soda bread tomorrow).  It will be my first time to make it myself.


I'm also using my Royal Tara bell,


 and my Belleek bell on the table.  At the left end of the table is a Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage bowl in yellow.


Flowers are mini-hydrangeas from the grocery store.  I love the cream and soft green of the blooms.


Thursday morning I was able to get some morning shots when the light is much better in this room.  It really does make a difference in the pictures.




On the chest I've put out my Johnson Brothers Pink Castle teapot, sugar bowl, and creamer.  Since Ireland has its share of castles, I thought this was appropriate.


The green linen cloth was made in Ireland and purchased in a tea shop here in our town.



Another piece of Belleek we purchased on our Ireland trip.  The cheerful leprechaun was a gift from my mother-in-law.  I really love the Belleek china; if it weren't so expensive, I'd buy a set of dishes and teacups.


I also took a few candlelight shots --



And here are the last of the pictures.






I'd love to go back to Ireland someday.  The countryside is so beautiful, the people are friendly, and Dublin is a fun, cosmopolitan city to visit.  There are lots of good places to eat and shop there.  If you've never been, I hope you get the opportunity to go one day.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I'll be linking this post to the following:

8th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl -- Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday -- Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home -- Decor to Adore
Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- Rattlebridge Farm
Amaze Me Monday -- Dwellings, the Heart of Your Home

Denise

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your elegant tablescape to celeb St. Pat's Day. I specially love your cabbage plates... you met the challenge greatly!
    Happy St. Patrick's 2016.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is very pretty Denise, I love your runner and napkins. Happy St. Patty's Day:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tablescape is certainly like a piece of art and you painted yours so beautifully with all it's special touches. I hope you have a nice dinner and your soda bread comes out well. I have similar placemats from England (except they are smaller and of cottages) and it's so typical English, in my experience to have that placemat to protect the table from the dinner plate that's been in the warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see a pretty table set up like this. Yours is beautiful. I hope your soda bread comes out great. I've never made it myself so I don't know any tricks! Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always set such a pretty table, Denise. Your runner, napkins and placemats have such an old fashioned cottage charm to them. Your layer of plates with such pretty crystal just looks so lovely. Aren't those hydrangeas the perfect shade? Your little leprechaun is adorable, and the cottage is so cute. Oh, and I'll be by to have a cup of tea from that pretty tea set. Happy St. Patrick's Day, my friend! ☘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table and pics are great. You do not need help. I'm pinning for my St Patrick's Day board.
    I love your Belleek pieces especially the bell. You are right, they are expensive. I like your Irish cloth with shamrocks too. I really like the BP plates and I'm looking for more for a good price. Mine are just like yours..Cute leprechaun from your mother.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    You are lucky to have been to Ireland. I would like to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Denise, everything looks lovely here for your St. Patrick's day celebration! Ireland is on our bucket list for sure. How nice that you have visited. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, your table is so elegant. Maybe one day we can visit Ireland. Your special Belleek pieces are lovely. Love your choice of flowers and the napkins and linens are beautiful. A feast for the eyes. Have a wonderful St. Patrick's day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, Your table is beautiful. I have been seeing those BP cabbage dishes on several blogs tonight and now after seeing yours I am convinced that I need some too. I especially love them paired with the bright white plate and those floral linens with the pink touches! They would work for so many spring occasions! I also think your photos are great. Have a wonderful feast at your pretty table. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, this is beautiful in every detail. I love using my cabbage plates with my white china, but I've seen several who have paired them with the Courtly Check pieces which I also have. I'll need to set a table with them soon.
    Hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, your tablescape is beautiful. Lovely dishes and gorgeous linens. Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. It's so pretty. If only my dining area wasn't under construction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Denise this is truly a gorgeous table. I too LOVE those linens. You should link up this happy post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

    Have a wonderfully Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful table and I love your Irish memorabilia. Lovely pieces! Here from Kathleen's blog crawl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omygoodness...a beautiful table and so perfect for Kathleen's party...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one beautiful table, Denise. Thank you for linking it with Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are really happy to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy St. Paddy's Day Denise! Your table is lovely with your BP plates and your pretty rose linens! I love your sweet bells and I would love to have a Belleek tea set and visit Ireland too one day :) Enjoy your Irish Soda Bread. ♣

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful table, Denise! I am happy to see someone else using the BP cabbage dishes. They are my favorites, as if the world didn't know by now! Love the mini hydrangeas.
    Happy Saint Patrick's Day♣

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table is lovely, and os are your photos. I, too, would love to return to Ireland. I have discovered that I do have Irish roots. My great grandparents (3rd generation) came from Ireland. Their son was born in NY in 1840, but can't find when they came. No grand celebration here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your table looks so pretty! I've never been to Ireland, but my hubs grandmother was born County Crook. She was a tuff lady! Love the table runner and napkins so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The table looks so pretty! I love that runner from Ireland. I have never been, my sister goes every year, not fair! Thanks so much for showing us your pretty Irish things and putting together such a lovely post! Happy Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer