Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mom's Easter Table


Hi everyone!  I'm sort of on a tablescaping kick at the moment.  Do you know, that's originally why I started blogging?  I liked setting pretty tables, and I wanted to participate in the various link parties for tablescapes.  I kind of knew when I started that I would want to expand and write about more than just dishes and such.  Sure enough, last year I wrote about travel, books, decorating, etc., but I only did one tablescape all year.  In 2012, we were having our kitchen remodeled, and I think I only did two tablescapes that entire year.  Now I'm in the mood to play with the dishes again.  ;)

This tablescape was actually not done by me; my mom put this Easter table together back in 2011.  Hal took pictures and we put them on the computer, and then I forgot we had them.  I came across them this past weekend and realized I needed to put them in a post.


  I think these greens and pinks are so pretty.



I was with my mom when she bought these rabbit plates at HomeGoods; I wish now that I had bought some too.  There are two like this and two with a pink center -- they didn't have four of the same pattern when we were there.  I really love her pastel plaid napkins and pink napkin rings.  The quilted placemats are perfect too.


You can see the other salad plates in this picture, on the opposite side of the table.  I've always loved this bunny on the cake plate.  My mom made him many years ago in her ceramics class.


Mom has several of these darling egg plates, and some of them are vintage.  It looks like this one has salt and pepper shakers with it (bunny and egg).  Those speckled eggs are so pretty!  There are four flower-shaped votive holders here, and each one is a different color.


A darling pillar candle holder, and the egg cups are from HomeGoods, too.  It looks like these are little baby chicks on the egg cups.


This is my favorite of my mom's egg plates; she found it in an antique store or a flea market years ago.  Again, there are bunny salt and pepper shakers in the center.


I really love this precious tea pot and sugar bowl to the right of the centerpiece.  The handle and spout are flowers -- so, so pretty.


You can see them again here.


Aren't these iris gorgeous?  My mom had these in her white enamel coffee pot in the kitchen that Easter Sunday.


Here they are growing next to my parents' house.  I wonder if she would give me a few to plant this year?  Hmmm.



Here in the south, we always associate Dogwoods with Easter and the Crucifixion.


Thank you for stopping by and spending some time at House at Forest Manor.  I'll be setting up my Easter table tomorrow.  Have a good day, my friends.

Blessings,

Denise

I'm joining the following:
Tablescape Thursday -- Between Naps on the Porch
Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- Rattlebridge Farm




12 comments:

  1. What an adorable and cute table for Easter your mom created. I love the bunny dishes and bunny plates and every element you mother used.
    I too love tablescapes and dishes, I started blogging for the same reason, although I do other things such as decorating, collection, vignettes, but still I mostly tablescape, as my love for dishes is always there. I need to find some bunny dishes.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet Easter table that your mom put together! The irises are so pretty. I love dogwoods and their symbolism. I bought one that we planted in our yard a few years ago. Have fun setting your table. I can't set mine till Sunday since my kitchen is my dining room, too and we have lots going on before Sunday, too. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom's table is so Springy and perfect for Easter. I'm so glad that Hal took pictures and you shared them with us. Those eggs plates are so cute and I love your mom's centerpiece. Yes, the irises are gorgeous. I'll bet she'll share with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous iris and dogwoods!
    Your mom's table is darling. Such cute plates and egg dishes! The placemats are perfect for an Easter table. Glad you ran across the pics. Tell your parents Happy Easter. She sets a lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table does look very pretty. Makes me wish I had done a tablescape this Easter. I have plenty of Iris that need thinning badly. I can supply all you want. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet table. I too love pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty indeed, Denise. Wishing you a happy Easter when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table scape is very festive. I haven't done any Easter decorating this year. Don't know why. Guess I got overwhelmed by all of the Christmas that I put up. Love all of the pastel colors and the very pretty dishes. What fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom's table is really sweet. My Mom loved to set pretty tables too. Wish she was still here. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty table setting, Denise. The bright green is so fresh for spring. Like grass under the plates. Dogwoods bloom later here and I'm happy to have a sneak preview from your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly fun and gorgeous table. Your Mom did a beautiful job. Love those plates and everything else about this table. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that you had a wonderful Easter. Ahhh...now I see from whence you received the tablescaping gene. This is such a charming Easter morning table.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer