Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween and A Blast From the Past

Happy Friday and Happy Halloween everyone!!  I hope you've all had a good week.  Do you have your costumes and candy ready?  :-D

This afternoon I had another post almost finished with two of my favorite oldie songs.  I wasn't really satisfied with the post because for one thing, it didn't relate to Halloween at all, and well, tomorrow is October 31st.  Then this evening I saw something on television that made me realize I needed to re-do my post and save the first one for next week.

This year is the 30th anniversary of the original Ghostbusters movie.  A sequel, Ghostbusters II, was made in 1989 but was not very successful.  All the main actors from the original movie are still living except Harold Ramis, who played Dr. Spengler.  When my husband told me a few weeks ago that this year is the 30th anniversary of "Ghostbusters," I felt so old.  To celebrate the movie anniversary and Halloween tomorrow, here's the iconic song by Ray Parker, Jr.


Yep, I still feel like singing along and dancing every time I hear this song.  You may not agree, but I think for our generation, this movie and song are kind of synonymous with Halloween.  I remember when our son was 13 or 14, he had a Halloween party and invited some friends from school.  Will and his friends hung out in the basement, but when we started watching "Ghostbusters" upstairs, they came upstairs and watched it with us.  Several of the kids, including Will, had never seen the movie before -- I think they got a kick out of it.  :)

I hope you enjoyed this blast from the past; it's not as far in the past as the songs from last week, but I still can't believe it's been 30 years.  If you watch the whole video, you'll see some cameos of actors from TV shows and movies of the 80's.

Have fun tomorrow night, and if you get too scared, you know who to call...  ;)

Denise 

5 comments:

  1. 30 years, wow! It's a fun movie and one I have seen many times! Happy Halloween Denise-have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear they are remaking the movie. It was a fun movie. The remakes, however, don't always do the original justice. Have a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! We so enjoyed this movie back in the day. Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's been 30 years, Denise! I hope you had a Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer