Thursday, February 1, 2024

A Winter Tablescape

Hello there!  Happy February to you. 😊  I set a winter tablescape this January, thinking that I would try to set more pretty tables this year.  I really would have liked to get some pretty winter flowers at the grocery store for my centerpiece, but it just didn't happen.  Instead, I went with my standby of a pillar candle and hurricane globe.  
   
   

I didn't put my mercury glass trees out at Christmas, and I decided they really are perfect for the month of January.
   

Our poinsettia is still looking good, but I will probably take it down soon.  It's a lot of trouble to water since I have to take it out of the porcelain pot and put it in the sink.  It's so big it almost won't come out of the blue and white pot, and I'm sort of tired of fooling with it.  We certainly enjoyed it during the holidays, though.
   

The sun was in and out today, but I managed to take some decent pictures.  Except for a small amount of faux winter greenery, I stuck with blue, white, and silver for my colors.  I think they look very wintry.  
   
   

I like the combination of French blue with lots of crystal and white.  It reminds me of snow and ice in the winter.  Maybe I should say snow and ice in other parts of the world.  Sigh.  We haven't had one snowflake this year (or last year either), but we've had more rain than we need.  Flash flooding and water in our basement in place of snow is not a good trade-off in our opinion. 😉  
   

This is my go-to table runner for January, but I did purchase some new placemats for the table this year.  I love these with my white dishes!  They were an after-Christmas find when my mom and I went to HomeGoods one day.  These are actually paper instead of real crochet work, but you can't tell that until you touch them.  I've never seen these before, but I like them.  
   
   
I chose some faux eucalyptus leaves, along with some "snowy" foliage and bare branches made to look like they're covered in ice crystals.  A mercury glass votive is encircled by a winter candle ring that I bought many years ago when we had a Plow and Hearth store nearby.  They have since closed, along with many other stores who haven't survived in this economy.
   

Pewter napkin rings were used to coordinate with the mercury glass trees and votive.
     

I really love all the silver stitched snowflakes on this table runner. 
   

The Royal Copenhagen bell was given to us by Hal's mom when they downsized a few years ago.  She bought the bell when they traveled to Denmark in the '80's.  It's really a Christmas bell, but I think the blue looks pretty with the napkins.
   

I looked up "Jule After" online, and the general consensus seems to be that it translates from Danish to "Christmas Eve" in English.  
   

I put these tree-shaped taper candles out every year after Christmas.  They were a gift from my mom, and I love them in the crystal candle holders.  
   


I took a few evening shots with the candles lit.
   



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I'll be joining the other ladies at Between Naps on the Porch for Susan's "Tablescape Thursday".  There are some really talented bloggers who participate on Thursdays, if you're interested in seeing more tablescapes.  
   
I hope February will be a good month for all of us.  Have a great weekend!


    

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty!
    Have a wonderful day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your winter scape! Happy first day of February, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty winter tablescape. I still have my poinsettia out - but I always choose a white one so it doesn't look so Christmassy in the midst of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise....what a lovely tablescape for the winter....love everything you used...especially the lapis blue touches....and the little bell is such a treasure....wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer