Sunday, December 15, 2019

'Tis The Season!

Happy Advent and Christmas Season to you!!  It's a busy one, isn't it?  As usual, we have several things going at once here -- just like all of you.  :)  Thank goodness we went to the mountains for our tree the weekend before Thanksgiving this year; we heard on the news later that several of the N.C. tree farms had to close early this year due to a shortage of trees.  This shortage started a few years ago, and will probably continue for several years.  Apparently, the trees grow about a foot per year, so...you can do the math for a six to eight foot tree.  
  
Christmas 2018  
         
I am mostly finished my decorating, but don't have things photo ready yet.  How about you?  I won't be hosting Christmas this year because my mom wants to have our family get-together at her house (where we've always had it in the past).  But I still love to make our house festive.
  
I must tell you that I've seen some lovely Christmas inspiration on other blogs this year.  I'm sharing some links with you, and do try and visit these blogs -- you won't be sorry.  Anita, at Far Above Rubies, has followed a Victorian theme this year at her cozy home in the mountains.  Her decorations are amazing; I was so impressed when I saw them.  The last two pictures in this post are magazine- worthy, in my humble opinion.  
  
Laura, at Decor to Adore, has decorated her home in a White Christmas movie theme.  It's totally charming, and I love that movie, by the way.  😊  Laura has also created a costume, and she's a whiz with needle and thread; I think you'll be impressed!
  
Bonnie, at Living With Thanksgiving, has done an elegant tablescape -- her version of a table she saw in Veranda magazine.  Bonnie has impeccable taste, and I love seeing her tablescapes.  This one I especially enjoyed since I now own this same set of dishes, thanks to my very generous in-laws.
  
All these years of decorating, I've stuck with the traditional red and green for our Christmas decor, but I'm seriously considering changing one thing next year.  😉  I love, love the gorgeous, blue velvet ribbon that Kristi, at Chatfield Court, has used in her home this year.  I don't do theme trees, such as just using one or two colors and nothing else, and that part of our Christmas home won't change, but I could use the pretty blue ribbon in our living room and dining room.  I'm filing this away for next year's decorating.   
  
I don't change a lot of things in our decorating from year to year, and that probably makes our home look outdated at Christmas.  It suits us, though, and that's what really matters, isn't it?  What have you seen this year that you really like?  Is your home "beginning to look a lot like Christmas"?  I so enjoy reading about Christmas in other homes.
        
   
I'll be back soon with pictures to share from our home this year.  Thanks so very much for your visits -- they make my day!  Have a good week.
  
Blessings,   
     

5 comments:

  1. It will be fun to follow your links. I am glad that you found your tree and that you will be enjoying Christmas, as you always have, with your mom. Some traditions are too special to let go. Your mom will be pleased to continue hosting. Have a blessed Christmas, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. In the same boat as you; decorating done but the house is still a wreck and not very photogenic. I love that you keep with the same traditions, as I tend to do so, too. My friend did a different tree every year, saving the themes to reuse when she didn't work anymore. Now she has lost all of her Christmas spirit and will get rid of all her Christmas decorations. I am sad for her, but I do understand. Looking forward to seeing your decorated home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also done with the decorating, but the house needs tidying before many photos can be taken. We use the same decorations year after year, and I sometimes wonder if I should modernize a little, but I do love the ones we have. Tradition is important. Your tree reflected in the mirror is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, Denise, and continue to use decorations from the past. It's so nice to bring them out year after year. It's like seeing old friends! Merry Christmas blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that I'm able to comment again. Looking forward to seeing your decorations. How very nice that your dear mom can host Christmas still...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer