Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas in the Living Room

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are taking things easy today.  We did and we are. 😉

In an earlier post, I promised I'd share some pictures of our Christmas living room and foyer.  I don't have the foyer pictures ready yet, but here is the living room all decked out for Christmas.



This year we used white, LED lights on our tree, and I'm sorry to say they're just not as bright and twinkly as the incandescent ones.  We may have to switch back.  




One picture from the dining room...


Instead of doing my beloved carolers on the piano this year, I chose to do a silver vignette.  I really like the way it turned out.




I love my cardinal, and he adds just the right pop of color to all this silver.


This platter and the mugs are part of a Johnson Brothers pattern called "Twas the Night."  I treasure this platter because our son gave it to me when he got his first real job after college.  I adore this dish pattern!  Mr. Forest Manor and I spotted the mugs in Home Goods before Christmas, and I got four of those.  I need to take a close-up shot of them.


On the end table is our Goebel Nativity set that my mother-in-law brought us from Austria the first Christmas we were married.


The lighting is not the best here, but I just purchased this Christmas needlepoint pillow from Wayfair this year.  I love it -- the quality is wonderful.







I love this wooden star ornament.  My in-laws brought this to us from Italy several years ago.  They purchased it at a craft market in the Lake Como region.  It's made from a European Larch tree, and it's very lovely.  If you look to the left of this ornament, you can see the legs of our NYC Rockettes ornament hanging in the background.  😊





I had planned to wrap all our gifts in coordinating paper this year, but as usual, I ran out of time so I'll have to try again next year.




Thanks for your visit!  I so appreciate your interest  and I love your comments.  Are you relaxing after all the hustle and bustle?  Enjoy your week, my friends.

Denise

7 comments:

  1. Your home looks so warm and festive. The tree has a most perfect shape. I did see the Rockets. Really cute. I know exactly what you mean by the new LEDS. They just don't light up like the old ones. Maybe the makers will get it right one of these days. Happy New Year, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good Christmas. Your house looks lovely. I am reminded at how similar our houses are! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vignettes from your Christmas living room, Denise. It all looks warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decking. Happy to hear you had a nice Christmas and a relaxing day after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, your lr is just beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have great plans for the new year. I am going right over to Wayfair and see if I can't find one of those pillows. It is beautiful..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty and charming. Your photos would not open so I did the slide show and saw everything that way. I agree about LED lights. I see that some are purchasing the small mirrors to hang in the interior of the tree to get that sparkle and shine. The crystal icicles work well for a little twinkle, too. Treasures from your husband, his parents, and your son all work together to create a beautiful Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty everything is! I especially love the mugs and the platter!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer