Monday, December 19, 2016

2016 Christmas Card Exchange


"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!"~Hamilton Wright Mabie

Hello friends.  Can you believe we only have a week left until Christmas day?  Have you finished your preparations?  I haven't, but I'm working on it.

I'm joining Amy at Love Made My Home, for the Christmas card exchange that Amy was kind enough to organize for us this year.  This is the third year Amy has hosted this fun Christmas event for bloggers.  Once everyone had signed up for the exchange, Amy matched us up with someone to send and receive a card from.  This is the first time I've participated, and I thought it was great fun.

My partner in the Christmas card exchange was Vee, who blogs at A Haven For VeeI have been fortunate to get acquainted with Vee through our mutual blogs over the past four or five years.  She is a very dear person, and I was so excited to send a card to her.


Above is the beautiful card that I received from Vee.  It's such a pretty Christmas scene.  I love the brightly lit house with smoke rising from the chimneys and snow on the ground and trees.  I can just picture a big table inside, laden with all kinds of Christmas foods and maybe a big punch bowl filled with eggnog.  :)



I hope Vee doesn't mind if I share what she wrote in the card because it was such a sweet message.  Her last sentence says, "This scene reminds me of Mitford."  I had to smile when I read that, because I have posted several times about the town of Mitford, created by Jan Karon in her wonderful books.  I've always wanted to see "Mitford" at Christmas, so I'll enjoy looking at this card during the Christmas season.

Thank you so much for the beautiful card and sentiments, Vee.  Your card is hanging with the other cards we've received this year, where I can see it throughout the week.

(Vee's card is third from the right)

 Thank you, Amy, for hosting the Christmas card exchange.  It was very kind of you to take time from your busy schedule to organize this.  I thoroughly enjoyed participating and would love to join in again.


Thanks to all of you for stopping by and reading -- I love your visits and comments!  Wishing you Merry and Bright!

Warm Holiday Hugs,

Denise

16 comments:

  1. So interesting you got matched with Vee! I like how you display the cards you receive. I can't quite see how you've done it but they look nice. Enjoy this week leading up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very like-minded, Denise! It's making me grin. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is, indeed, a beautiful card from Vee. The cozy scene does look as though it could be Mitford. Perfect choice for you. I like the way you have displayed your cards, Denise. I'm checking that out along with the cards. :). I love the tradition of sending and receiving Christmas cards. There seem to be less arriving every year, but I treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! It's so funny how many of us love the Mitford series. Such a lovely time I think! Beautiful, beautiful Christmas card. Y'all did a wonderful thing exchanging this year. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Christmas Card exchange post! The card you sent Vee was a pretty one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card from Vee is nice and you were paired with a lovely blogging sister. I just came from Vee's where I saw your card. :-)
    Merry Christmas Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. A lovely festive scene. Have a wonderful Christmas. 🎄 X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you enjoyed joining in the swap! Thank you for taking part and for sharing your card with us all. Happy Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy stopping in but...did you know your banner at the top says 20016 as in 20 thousand and 16 .... ?
    I thought we were in 2 thousand and 16--well, time sure flies !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops!! Thanks so much for pointing that out -- feel so silly for doing that. {:/

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card and how lovely that you were matched with Vee. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise, Vee's card is Merry and bright for sure - wishing you the very same, lovely to meet you here through Amy's card exchange!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card you received from Vee! She's a dear blogger. Merry Christmas, Denise, to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were matched perfectly with Vee. Sharing Christmas cards from other countries is so much fun. I'm off to visit a few more blogs. Only Three more sleeps till Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped by to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, Denise, and all that's good for the New year. Thanks for all the great posts.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer