Wednesday, September 30, 2015

End of September and Finding Mitford

Hi everyone!  Can you believe it's the last day of September?!!  It felt like a quick month to me, but it feels like that all the time anymore.


Even though we celebrated the first day of Fall last week, Summer is having her last hurrah with us in the south this week.  We've had constant rain since last Friday, and by yesterday, I felt like we were living in the tropics.  When I opened the blinds yesterday morning, all of our windows were steamed up.  Yuck.  It was way too warm out and way too humid.  Today, it's still quite warm (82°) but the sky is a beautiful blue with puffy white clouds.  I just checked the weather report, and this won't last, unfortunately.  The rain is supposed to come back in later today, and rain through Sunday.

I don't have any Fall projects around the house to show you, but on this last day of the month, I wanted to share something else.  The first week of September, I noticed that my page views were just off the chart (for me) and I was understandably amazed and curious.  I got more page views in one day than I sometimes get in a week.  I looked at my stats more carefully and realized that the two posts being viewed were the posts I wrote about Jan Karon's "Mitford" (Blowing Rock, N.C.) the first year I blogged.  It seems that some ladies had discovered my posts and were sharing them on their Facebook pages.  It was so gratifying to know that people were enjoying these posts so much, because I loved the Mitford series of books, and we love the town of Blowing Rock.












If you'd like to read (or re-read) about "Mitford," you can find the two posts, Part 1 and Part 2, Here and Here.  I'd like to say a huge "Thank You" to the folks who took the time to read what I wrote about this little town and for sharing it with others.  Your interest is much appreciated!!!  Some of you were kind enough to leave comments, and I thank you for that, as well.  :)  Thanks to your interest and response, I had the most page views I've ever had, in my almost five years of blogging, this month.  I'm sure my fellow bloggers can appreciate how gratifying this is.

So enough about me.  Are you having a good week?  How is your autumn so far?  Are you getting tons of rain like we are here?  Here's wishing you a great rest of the week, and thank you for your visit!  :)

Hugs,

Denise   

11 comments:

  1. I have just received Jan Karon's latest book, "Come Rain or Come Shine". Looking forward to another good read.
    Christine from Ontario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up, Christine! I didn't realize she had a new book out! I'll be putting that on my Christmas list. :)

      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  2. Happy almost October Denise! All that rain made it's way to Philly too, sounds like we'll be in the soup for a while. Stay dry and give Duncan a hug for me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those posts were wonderful...I remember! I always get a little thrill seeing the quaint charm of Blowing Rock. And now I am intrigued by the new book your commenter mentions...must look into that. Yes, we have had a lot of rain today and I hope that the hurricane does not come our way. Enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! September is coming to a close already. We have some great fall sightings here but no rain for a few days now. I'll probably need to water tomorrow. Love Jan Karon although the last book in the Father Tim series was a little slow for me. Sounds like a new storm might be heading your way as far as I've seen on the news. Have a wonderful weekend ahead Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one of those who found your blog via the Facebook link on Jan Karon's page. Not only do I have it bookmarked, but I'm following your Pinterest page too. North Carolina (and all the Blue Ridge and Smokies regions) are dear to our hearts as we hope to retire there. Currently, here in northern Colorado, we've had a total of 45 minutes of rain in the past ten weeks. Please send us some of yours. Thanks for your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit, Liz, and I'm so glad to know you enjoy my blog. :) How nice that you want to retire to North Carolina! I'd be glad to send you some of our rain, by the way, if I only knew how. ;)

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Hi Denise! Love all your Mitford photos--a town dear to my heart (that's the town in my current post but you wouldn't know by the photos I posted!) I am anxious to read the new book--about Doolie's wedding. We are away so missing all the rain but it sounds like there will be plenty when we get back. After such a dry summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember your posts about Blowing Rock, and I always wanted to visit there. The Mitford Series was one of my favorite reads and I'm looking forward to reading Jan Karon's newest book.
    Happy October, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, Denise! Keep it up and build those readers! Love the look of Blowing Rock...

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS We tried growing pumpkins; they turned out to be marrows!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer