Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hi everyone!  What gorgeous weather we've had this week!!  Just in time for Pink Saturday...


My husband took these pictures of our Saucer Magnolia, or Tulip Magnolia, about two weeks ago.  We had a freeze three nights later, and yesterday we had a thunderstorm, so the blooms are mostly on the ground at this point.  It was pretty while it lasted. :)

Does anyone have plans for celebrating St. Paddy's Day tomorrow?  Some of the Irish restaurants in our area are having all-day buffets, starting around 10:30 a.m., and Irish bands performing all day, as well.  Lots of festivities.  Hope you enjoy the day wherever you may be!


If you'd like to see more pictures from our trip to Ireland, you can click on the posts HERE and HERE.  Thanks for visiting me, and I'm joining Pink Saturday, hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound, Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper, and Mosaic Monday, hosted by Mary at Little Red House.

All the best!

Denise 

14 comments:

  1. loving that gorgeous blossoming tree! so sad they're already down...
    loving that you went to Ireland!
    i'm featuring a Tearoom from Killarney ~
    HapPy St Patrick's Day & PS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that tree....the pink hues are gorgeous.

    top of the day to ya!

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink tulip tree. You have a great photographs from your trip to Ireland, i took your tour. We did go to Trinity and saw the book of Kells. It was amazing!
    Hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day and wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Htuch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband took grand photos, indeed! Just gorgeous! Spring is indeed very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, what great photos, Ireland is a beautiful place. I am making corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots tomorrow and a friend is coming over. We'll have soda bread and rye bread. I look forward to this once a year treat. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink tulip magnolia is fabulous. When we lived in Missouri, we would pass one on our way to church. I always drooled over the beauty of it. They don't bloom for too long do they? I also recently saw one up in northern California, a neighbor of my daughter's had one. Loved all the pictures by the way. Also, thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty trees. love your Mosaics.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful trees and Mosaics.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tree is one of my favorites and I have one blooming down by our lake. Most years, they are one of the first signs of spring - a happy sight! Thank you for sharing yours, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Visiting late for Pink Saturday.

    Green Goodies is my entry. Please come by when you get a chance. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnolias are pretty with these flowers stays until fall. ^_^

    Mosaic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what I call a "Japanese Magnolia". Maybe I have the name wrong. I will henceforth call it a tulip magnolia because I like that name. Ours was killed in a freeze, but I loved it while I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise, It is lucky your hubs took these lovely pics of the flowers. So pretty. It is a pity they don't last longer.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer