Friday, December 19, 2014

A Silver and Red Christmas Tablescape

Hello to you all.  I haven't posted anything in almost a week -- I've been deep into Christmas preparations, which are basically going pretty well.  I still have quite a bit left to do, but I'm doing much better than last year.  We also celebrated Mr. Forest Manor's birthday earlier this week.  I told him I was really glad he was born.  :)

I'm aware that I owe all of my blog friends a visit.  I have had very little spare time to do any blogging.  My husband is home on vacation right now, and we're staying busy.  But, I have been looking at your blog posts as time allows, and it's so much fun to see what all of you are doing during this Christmas season.

I've done another Christmas tablescape, and I felt kind of self-indulgent for doing that with just a week left until Christmas day.  But I did it anyway.  :-D  The main reason is that my mom gave me these reindeer a few years ago, and I wanted to feature them so she could see them on our table.  I spotted them when we were shopping together; they were already marked down to half-price, and my mom got them for me for Christmas that year.


Thanks, Mom!  I love the way these look on our table!  I purchased the red, quilted placemats two or three years ago, and this is the first time I've used them in a table setting.  The napkins were purchased a few years ago as well, and they were used in this tablescape.


The table runner has embroidered silver snowflakes, and I used it Here in my very first tablescape in 2011.  I've used these white Lenox dinner plates in a lot of my tablescapes, and the salad plates are my Johnson Brothers  "Old Britain Castles."


The napkins came from the Christmas Tree Shop and have a poinsettia cutwork design.  The pewter napkin rings were a wedding gift.


I used the tea light holders and the red etched stemware in my previous tablescape.  They were purchased this year -- the only new items on the table (besides the reindeer).


The silverplate water pitcher was a wedding gift, and the fresh greenery came from our yard.  We have two or three Nandina bushes in our backyard, and they're loaded with berries this year.  We also have a good-sized holly tree at the front corner of our house.  We planted it about ten years ago, and I can't believe how much it's grown.  This year, it has the most berries it's ever had.  The pine cuttings came from a tree at the edge of the wooded lot that borders our backyard.  The only thing that didn't come from our yard are the stems of Fraser fir, which came off our Christmas tree.  I put a pint-size Mason jar filled with water inside the pitcher.  That way, I could put the greenery into the jar and hopefully avoid getting sticky sap inside the silver water pitcher.


Some closeups of the reindeer.  I love their slim graceful look and the pretty collars around their necks.



The glittery tree candles were also a gift from my mom a few years ago.


We found the etched sherbet glasses at an antique shop a few summers ago in Southport, North Carolina.  The sterling flatware belonged to my mother-in-law, and she gifted it to us for our 25th wedding anniversary.  We were thrilled to receive it!


I gathered up our silver treasures to use on this Christmas table.  The blown glass Christmas tree on the silver, domed stand was a gift from my former boss several years ago.  There were three of us who worked for her, and she gave each of us one of these for Christmas.  It has a switch on the bottom to light the tree, and it spins and plays "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."  The tree is lit up in the picture above.


A closeup with the tree unlit.  Isn't it beautiful?  :)


Hal and I bought this silver bell in 2011 when we visited Replacements, Ltd. to mark our upcoming 25th anniversary.  I think that covers the details of the table.  I loved putting this tablescape together; I think it looks so festive and sparkly for the holidays.  Here are a few more pictures.






I'm hoping to do one more tablescape for Christmas, if I don't run out of time.  We were given some really pretty Christmas dishes that belonged to my husband's mother and grandmother, and I want to set a table with them.

Have you finished with all your Christmas shopping?  We're almost through (I think).  I'm linking this post to "Let's Dish," at Cuisine Kathleen and Tablescape Thursday, at Between Naps on the Porch. and the Home Sweet Home party, hosted by Sherry.  Thank you so much for your visit!

On The Table:
Dinner Plates -- Lenox "Classic White"
Salad Plates -- Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles"
Red Goblets -- Tartan Etched Stemware from Pier One
Clear Goblets -- Gorham "French Cathedral"
Flatware -- International Sterling "Grande Regency"
Etched Sherbet Glasses -- Antique Shop (Don't know the maker)
Napkin Rings -- Kirk Stieff Pewter, Wedding Gift
Napkins -- Christmas Tree Shop
Placemats -- Stein Mart
Dated Christmas Bell -- Wallace Silverplate, Replacements, Ltd.
Water Pitcher -- Wedding Gift
Tea Light Holders -- Michael's
Reindeer -- Belk Department Store


Thanks so much for your visit!!

Blessings,

Denise 

16 comments:

  1. Your table is very pretty Denise, the reindeer are very graceful and beautiful! Have fun with your Christmas preparations-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise, your table just says "Merry Christmas" in such a beautiful, timeless way. I just love it! Using the red transferware is the perfect choice with all your white and silver. Your MIL's flatware was such a wonderful gift and perfect with your deer that your Mom gave you. I'd love to be a guest at your Christmas table. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, Your table is so lovely and inviting! Those reindeer are great at the center of the table. A very happy birthday to Mr. Forest Manor. I like to say that same thing to my Dear. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'll probably be scarce in the next few days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tablescape! The reindeer are just perfect for this table. I'm so glad we found them. The little blown glass tree is so pretty. Great job! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful table, Denise. I kind of laughed about the place mats...I do that all the time! The deer add so much to the table, they are so stately. That little tree under glass is so cute. Happy birthday to Mr. FM!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your dishes and your domed tree is so unique, love it!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, your table looks absolutely beautiful and I really love those sweet reindeer. The curly horns and thin legs, they look so elegant as your whole table does. I'm waiting patiently for Duncan to show up with a big Christmas bow and Happy belated Birthday to the Mr. Hope you are enjoying his vacation..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This table is so elegant!! I love those graceful looking reindeer and those gorgeous red goblets!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed a beautiful and elegant tablescape with all the gorgeous reds! I love your centerpiece with the reindeers and the lovely red transferware...it makes for such a magical setting.
    Merry Chritsmas pretty lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise! Oh, your table is so pretty! The reindeer are so graceful and lovely and looks so pretty on your table. You have the most beautiful accessories to set this most wonderful table. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Denise. Your table is so lovely with such pretty treasures. I adore the deer. They are so elegant and graceful and pretty. Thank you so much for visiting the Garden Spot and leaving such lovely comments. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Your beautiful table will the hit of the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't "owe" me a thing, girl! You lead a very busy life, and we're all on the run this crazy Christmas season. I'm glad you were able to take the time to honor your Mother by putting this tablescape together for your enjoyment (and ours!). I'm sure she is appreciative that you thought enough of her to do this and use the majestic reindeer she bought for you.

    Hooray for your nandina bush AND your holly tree! It's nice to be able to venture right outside and bring back such loveliness to grace your table and bring the scent and spirit of the Christmas season indoors.

    Your table is just loaded with close-to-the-heart pieces that are extra special this time of year when we really stop to consider just how much we love and cherish the people in our lives. You have done an excellent job of bringing those affections to the fore.

    Merry, Merry Christmas to you, Hall and your entire family! Have a loving one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty table Denise!! Have a great vacation and Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, such a fabulous Christmas setting! Love these wonderful pictures. They look so stunning and fabulous. I hope you don't mind me sharing some of these inspiration on Pinterest. I have christmas table decorations board and i'd love to include some of these. Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer