Sunday, July 13, 2014

I'm Sorry I Haven't Been Visiting You...

Hello all!  I just want to say "Thank You" for all your wonderful comments on my Fourth of July Tablescape and Happy Fourth posts.  I look forward to your visits so much and appreciate that you take the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here.  :)

I owe all of my dear blogging friends a visit and I promise I haven't forgotten you.  My Dad has been in the hospital since July 2nd, and I've been worried about him and my Mom.  He has been receiving dialysis at home since last Thanksgiving, and it just hasn't been going that well for him.  Even though he wound up in the hospital because of a fall, I think it might have been a blessing since he has gotten some attention that I think was needed.  He has shown some improvement, and we hope he'll be going home this coming week.

In addition, I think this has been the busiest summer I've had since I first began blogging.  I probably need to take a break for about a month because I'm having a hard time visiting and leaving comments for my friends, and that always makes me feel guilty.  However, I also have a hard time making myself take a break for that length of time.  Can you relate -- I bet you can.  :)

Well, that is what's up with me at the moment.  Please know that I'll be making my way around to all of you to catch up on visits.  For those of you who left kind comments on my recent posts and didn't receive a reply from me, I do apologize and will try to visit very soon!  I sincerely hope you're all well and enjoying a really good summer.


Blessings,

Denise

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad's health and it's nice that he is improving enough to be able to come home soon. We never know what life holds for us and it's good to go with the flow. I hope things ease up for you all soon. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about us, Denise, we are pretty much still here hanging around. I think blogging's hey days are over, so many people taking breaks and ending linky parties, etc. Realizing no real money to be made and life is much more important. Sorry to hear that your dad is on dialysis. My mom went three times a week for nearly 7 and a half years. Rough on her and me. 😪. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't stress about blogging--if you want to post, do so but we understand if you can't visit or comment, sometimes writing a post is helpful to you, but not the visiting, that could add stress! So sorry about your father and hope all goes well when he goes home. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope he can go home soon Denise! Please take care:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that your dad has been in the hospital, Denise. I hope all goes well for him and he will soon be able to return home. It is so hard and stressful to watch our parents age and go through the things that go along with that.
    I hope you will not worry about keeping up with visiting us out here. Take care of your parents and also yourself. That is the most important thing right now. We will still be here when the time is right for you.
    I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we all understand, Denise. I hope that your Dad is doing much better now and will continue improving. I'm sure dialysis treatments are hard on him and your Mom. Take care and enjoy your time away from blogging. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your dad. We will be here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dads come first! Glad to know that your father is soon coming home. That's quite a time to be away from home. Hope that your mom is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your dad is doing better...definitely family first, and when you are ready, your blog friends will be here waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending get-well wishes to your dad Denise, we'll be here waiting, when you find the time to return !
    Heartfelt wishes to you and your family.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to read about your dad! I should probably post something similar on my own page because I have dropped off the planet too and could have written this same post. My mom had surgery, and we have been on shifts/watches with her nonstop. I, too, feel guilty when I don't post and/or don't visit around when I want to. I have been all out of sorts about it, too. I truly hope your dad is home soon and that the care in the hospital is helping him to get stronger. It's terrible to have a sick parent. I know that too well. Hope your mom is OK and not making her own self sick with the caregiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you Denise, and your Dad and Mom! We all understand how life takes priority. Take care and all your friends will be here when you get back.

    I will be remembering all of you in my prayers. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer