Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dining at Bianca's

Tonight we had dinner at Bianca's.  I think that has a nice ring to it.  Don't you think it has a certain panache  -- sort of like Breakfast at Tiffany's?  I know; I thought so too.  :)

Just so you know, Bianca's is our favorite Italian restaurant on the continent of North America.  It truly is.  We consider it a special treat to have dinner there.  Would you like to see a menu?



DH and I think that Bianca's gives you a lot of bang for your buck.  Every entree includes the appetizer of the day, salad with homemade Italian dressing, garlic bread (also the best in North America), and main entree.  If your entree is a non-pasta entree, you get a side order of the pasta of the day; and last, but not least, dessert of the day.  Oh, and by the way, there is no pizza on this menu.  You'll have to go down the street to get that. ;)

The owner/chef of Bianca's, Lisa Carmella is of course, Italian.  She told us that her family is from Sicily, but she actually prefers the cuisine of Northern Italy.  Before opening Bianca's, Lisa managed a resort in Europe and had the opportunity to work with some of the chefs there.  So many of her dishes reflect the influence of northern Italy, France and Switzerland.  In addition, the menu includes traditional Sicilian style pastas with red sauce, such as lasagna, manicotti, and chicken parmigiana.  And I honestly think I could eat a bowl of her fresh tomato sauce all by itself.  Yum!  Her manicotti is the best I've ever tasted.  The crepes are homemade -- so creamy and delicate.

Her seafood dishes are really wonderful.  They tend to be lighter, with delicate sauces and seasonings.  The menu seems to have something for everyone.  She has vegetarian dishes, chicken dishes, beef, veal, pork, and seafood.

Now, how about some pictures?



Bianca's is a rather small and unassuming restaurant, but like the bright blue, jewel tones of the decor, it is a real jewel of a restaurant.  I like the size; I think it feels intimate and really adds to the charm.  And it has a following.  I think a lot of university students and faculty tend to frequent Bianca's, along with other Greensboro regulars. 



Our appetizer this evening was Bruschetta.


I love the presentation of the salad.



Delicious, golden-brown garlic bread,
 

and just about exactly five minutes and twenty seconds later...


Well, maybe I exaggerated a tad.  But it disappeared pretty quickly.


DH had the salmon special tonight.  I had the manicotti, and the bowl of pasta in the picture goes with the salmon entree.  You won't leave here hungry.



For dessert, there was cake with Nutella icing.


I think I've made it pretty obvious that we love Bianca's.  But judging by the awards on the walls, it seems that a large part of Greensboro and the surrounding Triad thinks so, too.  And they've cast their votes, year after year.








I love the plaque on the left:  "Best Restaurant for First Dates Winners Award.  1st Place."  :)  And 50 First Dates later, Mr. Forest Manor and I are still enjoying the food and the ambiance.

If you live in or near Greensboro, I hope you'll give Bianca's a try next time you're in the mood for good Italian food.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and "Buon Appetito!"

I'm joining the other bloggers at Seasonal Sundays, hosted by the Tablescaper.

Denise






6 comments:

  1. I came here earlier, but my comment got swallowed by the Googley monster. I need to learn to copy and paste when I'm writing a long comment.

    This is exactly the type of place my husband and I love. Italian is our favorite, from the food to the atmosphere of a great Italian place. (Might have something to do with that Italian mother of mine whom I call The Duchess...)

    I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but Greensboro is the home to my husband's company. If he ever has to go back to the main office, and I can go with him, we'll definitely be eating here.

    And wouldn't it be fun if you two could join us? I promise that I don't talk with my mouth full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me to Bianca's. Looks like a wonderful restaurant. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish we had a Bianca's here in the Phoenix area. The dinner looks spectacular and the garlic toast, oh my gosh! They should have a copy of this blog post hanging on their wall with their awards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks so familiar...I think we may have eaten there before....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do get a lot for you money. Here for that amount you would get the entree, that's it, and of course bread.

    Looks like you had a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer