Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The Shortest Month

Hello Friends!!  Happy Valentine's Day to you all; I hope you've had a good day.  I like what my friend Lorrie, at Fabric Paper Thread, says in her post today -- that she is of the firm belief love should be celebrated every day.  What a great sentiment.
   
I try to say, "I love you" to the people I love as often as possible.  Our family is pretty good about that, on the whole.  I don't treat Valentine's Day as a day exclusively about romantic love, but it's still nice to celebrate romance now and then.
   
Valentine's Tablescape 2020
   
   
How has your month been so far?  Ours has not felt much like winter, and signs of spring are popping out here and there.  We had a few really cold days in January (and a whole lot of rain) but no snow.  Our Christmas was very cold, but our cold days have been few and far between.  I still put out the winter decor around the house, though -- that way I can pretend that it's really winter.  😉  I do like to have a bit of all four seasons, if possible.
   


I've enjoyed having this little painting in the den since I put the Christmas things away.  The house in the picture is Highland, the former home of President James Monroe.  The house is located very near Monticello, and we visited both homes on our trip to Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.  We bought two small pictures of Highland -- one depicting the house in winter and the other in summer.  
   

Back to the subject of spring popping up everywhere, Hal and I went to Reynolda Gardens for a short visit last Friday.  These crocuses were just darling.  😊  
   

We saw a few of these shrubs/trees in the gardens, and I have no idea what they are.  They're really unusual looking, don't you think?  After a bit of walking around, I found the snowdrops, and they were such a treat to see!
   
   
These are just the sweetest little flowers.  😊

   
The next five pictures were taken by Hal; he always captures the best macro shots.
   

  

The mystery tree again...
   


   

I spied these lovely Lenten Roses blooming here, as we were on our way out.

         
    Back at home, our Lenten Roses are blooming, too.  This is their second year to flower, so I cut some today and brought them inside to enjoy.
         
   

As you can see, our February has been pretty low-key, which is okay with me.  We did watch the Super Bowl this year, and our team won, so "Yay Chiefs!"  It was a really close, exciting game.  Some of the commercials were really funny, along with a few sentimental dog commercials.  I skipped the half-time show --nuff said about that.    
   
We do have plans to go this Saturday to our local Little Theatre to see a play.  We haven't been to see a play in years, so it should be fun.  Do you have any special plans for this month?  I'd love to hear about what you've been up to.  
   
Thank you so much for visiting me, and I hope you have a great week!!  
   
Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Things are pretty low-key here for sure. I received Valentine's gifts today from the littles in the family. My son gave me a Valentine's bouquet and my daughter gave me a scoop for my sand and ice melt. A perfect, practical gift.

    How nice for you to visit a local garden with spring flower offerings. That's several months away for us.

    I do have a Kansas Chiefs connection, which is kinda fun, especially since they won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful signs of Spring coming. Happy February to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Denise,
    What a surprise to see my name in your first paragraph - I'm glad you enjoyed my post.
    Spring's early signs are so very welcome and Hal took some gorgeous photos of the tiny flowers. Valentine's Day was low key around here - I did make a special dinner and some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert, and Tim brought me flowers. I gave little treats to the grands.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and I'm so happy see them. Happy to see such lovely Pictures! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer