Thursday, February 4, 2021

Favorite Winter Clothes

There's probably not much point in writing a fashion post for this winter.  We haven't been anywhere since Christmas.  I've not even had an opportunity yet to wear some of the things I'm showing today.  However, if we were going out and/or socializing, these are what I would choose to wear.  By the way, I make no claims to be a fashionista, 😊 but I do enjoy finding clothes that I feel good in.  
   

   
Actually, I have worn this outfit.  Last September when my mom and I went to Hendersonville, N.C., for my birthday weekend, I wore this to have tea at A Southern Cup tearoom.  I wrote about the tearoom last fall.  This outfit was dressy enough without my being over dressed. 
   

My mom gave me this blouse for Christmas in 2019 -- feels like a lifetime ago now.  Anyway, I love it.  It was hard to capture in a picture, but the neck has an attached "scarf" that drapes just right when you put it on.  The ruffle at the bottom is so cute, and it's a flattering, slimming blouse that I really enjoyed wearing.  The blouse is Kim Rogers from Belk and the pants are navy corduroy jeans from Talbots.  I got them at our local Talbots store in the fall of 2019 because they were having a cracking good sale on their fall clothing.  I've bought a few things from Talbots over the years, but I don't normally shop there because they're pricey.  In this case, I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, and I've always loved corduroy pants.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  😉 
   

The pearl necklace was a gift from my parents when I graduated from high school, and the earrings are Spartina.  
   
  
I've also worn this outfit a few times.  More cords from Talbots -- gray this time.  After Christmas 2019, they reduced the price even more on these pants, so I ended up buying four pairs all together.  I bought the navy pair, a black, a gray, and a rose color pair.  These should (hopefully) last me a long time.  
      

My sister gave me this black cardigan sweater for my birthday last year (2020) and I just love it!  My favorite thing about it is the scalloped hem.
   

It shows up well against a light-colored blouse.  My sister also gave me the cute bracelet for Christmas, which you can actually see better in the previous picture.  The pink blouse is Liz Claiborne, the black cardigan is Crown & Ivy from Belk, pants are gray corduroy from Talbots, and shoes are my black Clarks.  The Clarks are so very comfortable; I wish I had a pair in navy and brown, too, but I think they only come in black.  
   
   
In this picture, I've paired my favorite comfy jeans (NYDJ) with a shirt I just purchased from L.L. Bean after Christmas, when they were running a sale.  The guys (my husband and son) ordered some shirts for themselves, too.  I do love this shade of blue.  So much of the clothing out there is cheaply made these days, but I think L.L. Bean still makes good quality clothes and the prices are not bad.  
   

This is a split-neck tunic shirt, 100 percent cotton with 3/4 length sleeves -- casual and comfy.  The scarf was a gift from my husband this Christmas, and the blue in the scarf matches this shirt perfectly.  The scarf features a hand-painted thistle pattern; it came from Etsy in the U.K.  I still haven't had a chance to wear the shirt or the scarf, and I look forward to wearing them one of these days.
   
   
These earrings are from the Southern Gates Collection, and I bought them on a trip to Charleston with my mom and sister two years ago.  I got these at the Old City Market in the historic section of town, and I can tell you the price was much better there than the prices are around here.  I paid about half of what they're charging for these earrings in our area.  I love to get a good bargain whenever I can.  :)  The nice thing about these earrings is that they're light as a feather, so they never feel like they're pulling on my earlobes.  I love dangle earrings, but I don't like when they hurt my ears.  
   
I have some more things to share, but I'll do those in another post.  Since most people are still not getting out much, you're probably not interested in clothes right now.  I hope you're all doing well and staying healthy; it's been bitter cold and windy here this week.  Since it's February, that's to be expected.  
   
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a good week!!  
   




7 comments:

  1. This was a really fun post Denise...love, love, love your style! You are indeed my kindred spirit.....please treat us again to more of your fashion choices.....classic! Hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Talbot's in Ft. Collins has closed or moved or both. The mall was totally renovated and many good stores left. As for me, I can't remember when I purchased something new. Since I retired, I don't need much anymore and the with COVID I just haven't been shopping for clothes because as you, I don't go anyway. At least when you do go out, you will be well dressed and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see you wearing these outfits. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live well with any of these outfits! Nice combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combos, Denise. I like shopping Talbot's when they have a sale. Cords are in my wardrobe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Forest Manor has great taste. Very pretty outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed seeing all your pretty clothes. Maybe we will get to wear our new clothes again someday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer