Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fall and Holiday Time

Happy November everyone!  I want to apologize to my readers for not posting anything (once again) for almost a month.  I have good intentions, but this seems to have been the busiest year we've had in a long time.  I want to show you the rest of our den -- pictures of the whole room with the rug and the hallway, but as you all know, it takes time and work to get everything staged and ready for pictures.  I will share eventually, though, probably Christmas pictures at this point.  😉
  
  
So what's new in your world?  Lots going on here;  I got a new haircut about two months ago -- a real change for me.  I was quite nervous about doing it, but I love it!  If I can get over my camera shyness, I'll share a picture here.  Talbot's clothing store was having a good sale in September to celebrate their 70th anniversary, and I made some purchases with my birthday money.  I don't often shop there because $$$, but these were good bargains, and I loved the styles.  I finally found some really cute corduroy jeans for the first time in years.  Woohoo!
     
 
 
In other news, we've been shopping at Trader Joe's for a few things, and we found some new-to-us favorites.  Hal and I both love these individual-size, frozen pepperoni pizzas.  We just had one for lunch, as a matter of fact.  They have a very good, artisan crust, and I like that the sauce doesn't have that artificial taste (caused by too many preservatives). 
  
   
Our other, new-to-us favorites are these chocolate peanut butter cups.  I adore the milk chocolate version, and my husband loves the dark chocolate ones.  I really need to try those, because dark chocolate is supposed to be better for us.
  
Hal and I are taking a calligraphy class through our local community college on Monday evenings.  We really like it!  We took the class last spring, but had to miss two classes due to previous commitments.  Hal did well in it, but I felt like I was struggling.  This time around, I'm doing much better, and I'm putting in a lot of practice time.  In addition to teaching art at one of our local elementary schools, our teacher has done calligraphy for 30 years.  
    
  
  This is basically the style we're learning.  I never thought about calligraphy being an ancient art form (related to writing) but it is.  The historic, as well as the visual, aspects, really appeal to me.  We're hoping to address our Christmas cards in calligraphy this year (as if the holidays aren't already busy enough).  😊  
  
I'd love to hear what you've been doing this month -- please share!!  Have you started Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations yet?  Thanks so much for visiting here and I hope you have a lovely week!
  
    
Warm hugs,
   
 

5 comments:

  1. Those mums are gorgeous! What a pretty autumn scene. We have a new favorite from Aldi - toasted ravioli. They are baked in the oven, and come out crunchy, served with marinara sauce and a bit of ricotta - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous crimson tree. A calligraphy class sounds like fun, especially since your husband is taking it, too. Have been invited to my sister’s for Thanksgiving. Haven’t thought too much about Christmas yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Honey.... those TJ PEANUT BUTTER CUPS are just the best..my husband loves them!!!! Cannot wait to see your gorgeous home decorated for the holidays!!! I have missed you.....wishing you a great week...hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I might be able to finally comment on a post of yours. Woohoo. I like the fall colors you enjoyed. Calligraphy is fun. Glad you are enjoying the class. Happy November to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, autumn is my favorite season and your photos capture it beautifully, especially that last one. How wonderful that you're taking calligraphy classes together. I love calligraphy but have never tried it. But I tried watercolor painting for the first time in 2019 and am having great fun with it. I hope you'll share your calligraphy and your new haircut with us!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer