Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hello September

September and October are my favorite months of the year.  Of the two, I would probably say September is my very favorite.  You know fall is just right around the corner -- the days have started to draw in, the skies are clear and blue,  


and wildflowers are blooming along the roadside.

 
September is also my birth month.  My mom has this theory that people favor the season of the year in which they were born.  I think there may be something to that.  My mom's birthday is in January, and she's one of those people who doesn't really mind winter; my dad's birthday is in July, and he's always loved summer and disliked winter. 

I love to look back at our pictures and see the pretty season changes recorded in our photography.  It's nice to be able to look back at memories of good times.  I haven't had a chance to do anything creative for fall yet, but I'm hoping to start this weekend.  Until then, here are some pictures from previous year's posts.


In 2014, Hal and I visited Raffaldini Vineyards and Winery located in the Yadkin Valley, with a view of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance.



Raffaldini Vineyards, September 2014


In October of that year, I hosted a giveaway of Pfaltzgraff dishes (Villa Della Luna pattern).  These dishes were perfect for a fall tablescape and also tied in with our recent visit to Raffaldini vineyard.


I really enjoyed putting this table together and using the pretty tablecloth my in-laws brought me from France.


I put together this fall tablescape in 2011, the year I started my blog.



In autumn of 2015, we paid a visit to Blowing Rock (Mitford) North Carolina.



I'm planning to decorate our mantel for fall this weekend; above is last year's mantel.


Last year's front porch dressed for fall, shortly after we got all new windows for the house.



Beautiful chrysanthemums at Biltmore Gardens last October.



Autumn sunset in Southport, North Carolina.

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your kind thoughts and prayers for my family -- my dad especially.  This is my favorite time of the year, but everything for me right now is tinged with sadness for my parents.  The date for my dad to go home from the hospital keeps getting moved back; he was supposed to go home yesterday, but his pneumonia isn't getting better, so the doctor was going to switch to a different anti-biotic.  I'm praying for good news soon.

Thank you for your visit today, and have a wonderful Sunday.

XXWarm Hugs,

Denise

8 comments:

  1. A lovely look back with your photos, Denise. I really enjoy fall and spring. Hope the new antibiotic works for your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always share beauty even when "tinged with sadness." Continuing to pray for your dad and mom. Family and friends are so important for moral support and comfort. 🍁 Fall is a lovely time for a birthday...I am a winter birthday person who does not like winter. My grands who are January boys do not always enjoy winter, though sometimes they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that birthday/favorite month thing before. I fit, kind of, born in the autumn and I love autumn, but not the same month. My cousin totally doesn't fit, she was born in December, and prefers July as her favorite month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope and pray the antibiotic change will do the trick for your dad so he can go home soon, which will be good medicine for him as well. I probably used to like summer when we lived where summers were enjoyable and not so hot and humid, so that would go along with the birth month theory, but not down here in the sunny hot south! Except the weather right now is delightful even with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking and sending you a hug and prayers during such a difficult time Denise. There is nothing more taxing than caring for a parent, actually both in your case, during a severe illness. We went through that with each of our parents. I hope things improve for your Dad. The past photos of fall were wonderful...thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise. I do hope things get better with your dad. I so understand as I was my little mother's care taker for almost ten years. You're a sweet daughter. Now I loved seeing all of your pretty snaps. I've never heard that about us looking like our birth month. Well, I was born in November so I guess I look like a turkey! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise, thank you for your update on your dear dad. Prayers are with him for sure, and for your mom, too.
    Your photos are so beautiful, as always. I finally put my Fall decor out the other day.
    Blessings to you for a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are beautiful, Denise and put me in a frame of mind to do some switching to autumn around here. I hope your Dad's health issues are soon resolved. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer