Friday, November 4, 2011

An Autumn Table

Don't you just love Fall?  It's my favorite season -- has been for years.  Of course, when Spring rolls around, I'm often tempted to change my mind, but I still think Fall is the best.

It certainly looks like autumn in our area, but we've still been having temps in the 70's.  Not every day, but often enough.  We have had a few cold days, and I cooked a crock pot of chili and a skillet of cornbread last weekend.  At our house, that always means it's officially fall.

I've so looked forward to doing a fall tablescape.  I started my blog in January of this year, so this is my first fall tablescape.  I used my Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles" dishes.  When I look at all the creative tables in blogland, it seems like everybody and their brother has these dishes, in one color or another, yet I still adore them.  I don't have a lot of pieces, but I'll probably try to get some more soon.  Did you hear that Mr. Forest Manor?  ;)   I do have cereal bowls and coffee mugs, but I didn't use them on the table this evening.


For my centerpiece, I used my hurricane globe with an ivory pillar candle and acorns.  I had seen this in one of the catalogs I get in the mail (I think maybe it was Pottery Barn).  The acorns came from my mother-in-law's yard; they had a bumper crop this year.  I surrounded the hurricane globe with Nandina leaves from the bushes in our yard, where I'll also get the berries to use for Christmas decorating.  I saw the idea of using Nandina leaves at A Perfect Setting a few weeks ago.  She used these on her table, along with Magnolia leaves, for a beautiful centerpiece.  I added bittersweet berries, also from my in-laws' property.


My salt and pepper shakers are nestled in front of the centerpiece.  Aren't they cute? :)  They had these discounted at Belk a few years ago, and I couldn't resist them.  I love the shape; they're like castle towers.



The maple leaf plates are "Olfaire," made in Portugal.  And Alycia, my friend, if you're out there, I finally got my flatware!  Yay!  This has been the case of the disappearing and re-appearing flatware.  I've been looking for Hampton Forge "Sophia" for many months now.  Every time I found it listed online, the website said "out of stock."  Back in the summer, I was on the Target website, and I saw it listed.  Later that evening after dinner, I went back to the Target site, and it said "out of stock".  That fast -- I couldn't believe it.  Then last week, they suddenly re-appeared on Target's website, so I was able to order them.

I have to give a shout-out to Sherry at The Charm of HomeSherry made my fall table runner, and I really love it.  You should check out her blog and her Etsy shop if you haven't already.  She has some wonderful offerings.  Thanks, Sherry!  Y'all know I love me some burlap :)



Gold damask napkins with an autumn leaf design and engraved pewter napkin rings.


Now for some candlelight shots...



...and the rest of the pictures.






Thanks to Mr. Forest Manor for photographing my tablescape!  I'm linking to Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch; Home Sweet Home, hosted by Sherry at The Charm of Home; and Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper.  Hope you'll take time to check out these blogs.  Thanks so much for stopping by the House at Forest Manor.  I hope you all have a wonderful fall weekend!


Denise

On the Table:
Table Runner:  Made by Sherry at "The Charm of Home"
Place Mats:  Bed, Bath and Beyond, last year
Hurricane Globe:  Pottery Barn, last year
Dinner and Salad Plates, Vegetable Bowl, and Salt and Pepper:  Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles"
Maple Leaf Plates:  Home Goods, this fall
Flatware:  Argent "Sophia", by Hampton Forge; Target this fall
Crystal Stemware:  Gorham "French Cathedral"
Napkins:  Bed, Bath and Beyond, this fall
Napkin Rings:  Kirksteiff pewter, wedding gift





23 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, Denise. I love your centerpiece. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, I'm your newest follower. Hope you visit me...you table runner looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, this is utterly beautiful....so graceful. I love it.

    I am your newest follower but it doesn't look like my name is showing up. I know Blogger is having some issues.

    Happy Friday!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely table, Denise! I love the red paired with the golds of autumn. The centerpiece is beautiful!
    Hope you enjoy the weekend, it is very Fallish here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise,
    I am so tickled the table runner worked out for your fall table. It looks beautiful with the centerpiece and the dishes. I love the berries and the bittersweet. You took very nice pictures of this. Thank you very much for the shout out! And also, thank you for linking it up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful warm, inviting table...I don't usually think of that pattern being used for fall, but you sure have proved me wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table and love your chna,Love the runner!JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used Argent Sophia just today. You can also find it most of the time through Horchow. Right now they've been having a site wide 25 -30% off sale...don't know when it ends. It also occasionally shows up at Tuesday Morning. KC has the Pink Castles...such a lovely pattern. You did a beautiful job on the centerpiece! Thank you for inviting us to your gorgeous table. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the nice comment. I love making new blog friends! You table looks so inviting and beautifully laid.

    Your dining room is so pretty! I just love your table and chairs -- that's my style.

    We visited Replacements once, didn't buy a thing. I do occasionally order the odd piece from them, and the dishes were a lucky find. I couldn't find anything wrong except one tiny little place on the rim of a b/b plate.

    We'll visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful come back with such gorgeous tablescape! I love everything, the china, the centerpiece and burlap runner and the leaf bowl, gorgeous! I'm so happy you came to visit me and left me such great comments, I've missed you, so happy your back pretty lady.
    Have a super Sunday. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from Mom,

    This tablescape is just beautiful! I love your new flatware and the table runner. The room looks so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablescape is lovely! Autumn and spring are my favorite seasons, too. I'm your newest follower!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great table runner and I love your Johnson Bros. transferware.
    Happy Sunday.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denise, what a lovely tablescape! Everything looks so warm and inviting! I am now following you via The Tablescaper; and I hope you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful table. I love the touch of the live greens and berries and that runner is fabulous. I'm off to check them out.

    Happy to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Denise~ I love your table & ADORE your runner! Your little pillar S&P's would be too hard to resist! Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty tablescape! Red is my favorite color & your made it look so "Fall-ish" with the green & gold. The centerpiece is natural & looks wonderful on the burlap runner...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness, those are beautiful dishes...the red leaves look so nice on the plate. Your new table runner is perfect for a fall table!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are right about the Old Britain Castles dinnerware cause I have them too. But who wouldn't want to have them? They are just beautiful! And your tablescape is magnificent,Denise, very pretty. I love the centerpiece, the runner and everything about it..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. I presented you with the Triple Cute Award. Please come read about it on my post. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for following me, Denise! I look forward to getting to know you better!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Denise! Thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog this past week! Your centerpiece looks stunning, I love the addition of the berries, great job! Your table runner is beautiful, I'll be checking that out! I find it so interesting that everyone has such different, creative ideas even though some of the elements are the same!! Beautiful tablescape! Thanks for visiting with me, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been out of town!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How nice to have your own photographer. I like Castles and it is popular so that means you have good taste. I have one plate that I used in a grouping of red transferware plates in my other house. I like how you used the brown placemats making it fallish with the acorns and your great runner.

    I do appreciate your visits and sweet comments. You made my day several times. I am afraid I am always behind in my visiting. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer