Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Fruit Dip and Punch -- Two Easy Recipes

Hi everyone!  If you read my post yesterday about the bridal shower, I promised to share some recipes with you throughout this week.  Today, I'll share two very easy recipes that are good for summer gatherings.

Fruit Dip

I've had this recipe for over 30 years, and my mom reminded me that it was served at my wedding reception.  It came from a good friend that I met at my first real job out of school.  She was good at making this sort of party food, and her homemade candy was divine.  She gave us all individual boxes of her candies one year for Christmas, and what a treat!

This fruit dip recipe is so simple, I'm almost embarrassed to share it, but it's funny how many people have never had it before and really seem to love it when I serve it.


 That's all there is to it -- short and sweet.  You could even halve this for a smaller serving, and it should keep for several days in the refrigerator.  I think it's especially good with peaches and strawberries.  It's also good eaten right out of the spoon all by itself.  😜  Just sayin'.

Lime Sherbet Punch

My mom used to make this punch for mine and my sister's birthday celebrations when we were growing up.  Saturday was the first time I've had this punch in years, and it tasted just as good as I remembered.  Mom didn't have the recipe written down, but she found it online as a Paula Deen recipe.

  • two quarts of lime sherbet
  • two liters of ginger ale
  • one 46 ounce can of pineapple juice
  • lemon slices
  • lime slices
  • maraschino cherries (I'm pretty sure we skipped the cherries)
In a punch bowl, add two quarts of lime sherbet.  Then pour in ginger ale and pineapple juice.  Decorate with lemon and lime slices, and maraschino cherries, if desired.  That's it -- easy peasy.  You can see the recipe with picture online Here.

Thanks so much for your visit today; your visits and comments make my day.  :)

Hugs,

Denise

3 comments:

  1. Okay, i love easy and neither of these recipes are part of my repertoire. I'll be snagging this both for my party ideas Pinterest folder and beverage folder at Pinterest. Thanks a lot! Maybe my daughter-in-law would enjoy some fruit and dip. I'm looking for ways fo bless her as she recuperates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Denise...these recipes are old Mississippi favorites...reminded me so much of our parties that Mother hosted..indeed these are keepsakes...lovely and thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to have easy go to recipes like these to hand isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer