Saturday, May 20, 2017

The Ocean Calls

Summer is here in the south.  Oh, I know the calendar says summer begins on June 21st, but when the temperature is 86° (yesterday and today) I say it's summertime.  😎  I'm willing to bet that it got hot all the way up the east coast this week.  We're making plans to go to the beach -- Hal and I can't wait.  Our son may be able to join us there for a few days (we sure hope so).




"Why do we love the sea?  It's because it has some magic power to make us think things we like to think." ~Robert Henri


"If we tarry a little while, we shall behold a sunset on the ocean -- a sight worth traversing a kingdom to see." ~Henry James Slack



"He was not bone and feather but a perfect idea of freedom and flight, limited by nothing at all." ~Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull








"It was morning and the new sun sparkled gold across the ripples of a gentle sea." ~Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull


"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient.  One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach -- waiting for a gift from the sea." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh




"To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude." ~Jeanne Moreau



"For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),
It's always our self we find in the sea." ~ e.e. cummings

Do you have plans to go to the seashore this summer?  What is your favorite beach to visit?  I'd love to hear from you; there are so many beautiful places to see in our country.  Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Denise

**All pictures taken by Mr. Forest Manor

7 comments:

  1. It looks like the Oak Island Light, Caswell Beach. We lived on Oak Island for ten years, what a wonderful experience. Enjoy your vacation time and I hope your son can make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Oak Island, Kitsy. We've stayed at my in-laws vacation house there every year for the past 29 years. How nice that you lived there for ten years; we love Oak Island and Southport! Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment and have a great week!

      Denise

      Delete
  2. Well since you asked. I'm headed to spend time with my family in Southern California and I will be staying with my sister in Huntington Beach so I will be seeing the Pacific ocean and walking on the sand. Lovely images and quotes. Hope all your plans and time at the beach meet your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful, Ellen. I've never been to California, never seen the Pacific Ocean, but I have heard of Huntington Beach. :) I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and quotes. The beach is calling me too.
    Tell Hal I enjoyed his pictures.
    Have a great get a way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could just stay on the beach forever. Love it! Your shots are beautiful of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am landlocked closest body of water, my water garden in the backyard. LOL. So I really enjoyed your beautiful sea side photos. Geographically the Pacific is probably 2 days drive in California or if we get a desire for sea air, the Gulf of Mexico and the shores of Texas. Here, our sanctuary is anywhere in the Rocky Mountains. I look forward to more sea side stores, Denise. I am glad to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer