Thursday, February 11, 2016

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Home is not just a physical place; it's so much more than wood, bricks, and mortar.  It's a haven and a place to gather in from the elements and be with those we love.


Home is where thoughtful gifts from those we love can brighten our whole week.


Family --


and memories surround us.


Home is a place where everyone is welcome,


and some of those who love us can't say so with words.


but a look just says it all.  :)


Home is the place where things of beauty delight us,


and things that delight us grow more beautiful with time.



The passing seasons --


are marked with traditions


and gratitude.



Home --


is where the heart is.







Linking today with Laura at Decor To Adore for the "Thoughts of Home" Party.


Hope to see you there.  :)


Thanks so much for stopping by here today!  I love to have you visit House at Forest Manor, and I love your comments that let me know you were here.  Wishing you love from the heart for Valentine's Day and every day!

Denise

14 comments:

  1. Such nice thoughts. Denise and beautifully illustrated. I think we all love our homes. Your tulip photo at the end is gorgeous! Have a good weekend. I hope you are enjoying our cold snap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts of home for sure Denise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts of home, Denise. Your photos show the care and love you place on your home. I really enjoyed looking through your books on the bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of post makes my heart feel warm and cozy. You must be a mushy at heart girl like me. :)

    Thank you so much for linking with Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are thrilled to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home is where the heart is
    A place where souls can rest
    A book, a fire, a handclasp
    A place where souls can rest...

    Delightful post evoking all the beauty of home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home is where the heart is
    And friendship is a guest
    A book, a fire, a handclasp
    A place where souls can rest...

    (I think I misquoted the first time.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a sweet post, Denise! I love how you treasure and display your family photos. I really enjoyed reading your post and seeng all the beautiful pictures. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Denise! I love what you said. So true!
    Sweet pictures through out. I especially love the pink heart hanging on your china cabinet.
    Hope you have a memorable Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Denise your sweet sentiments have captured my heart.


    Thank you so very much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence really helped to make it very special. I hope you will return again and again.

    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, such a great post with all the beautiful thoughts of home. Your pictures are so pretty and go right along with all the wonderful words..Happy Valentines Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely. All your photos showed the beauty of a loving anf welcoming home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going through my blog list tonight because I am having trouble commenting on some blogs without filling in my info each time. I've noticed it happens badly when I am visiting around from linky parties. So far I've only had four from my blog list that is not autofilling my info. This is frustrating and odd. It doesn't happen if they are Blogger blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post. You are so right- home is where the heart is.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer