Thursday, December 17, 2015

A New Christmas Wreath

Hello everyone!  The days are flying by out there, and I imagine we're all feeling the crunch.  I've missed posting and visiting my friends online, but I've been trying to make up for lost time in Christmas preparations.  I've seen some beautiful posts over the week, and I will be getting around (slowly but surely) to visiting again and leaving a comment this time.

My mom has several beautiful holiday wreaths in her home, and since I've long been a little bored with our Christmas wreath for the front door, I asked my mom if she would help me make a new one.  She's always happy to help.  These are not the best pictures, but the best I could do in a hurry this morning.  ;)


Sorry, this one's a little blurry, but you can get the general idea.  I haven't hung it on the door because I ran out of time yesterday to clean the glass in the storm door.  It's raining here today, but I'll be hanging it tomorrow for sure.  Believe it or not, I spent most of the day yesterday planting pansies (which I purchased near the end of October) and cleaning up our front porch.  Thankfully, the pansies were extremely healthy plants, and I was still able to use all 12 of them.

So, back to the wreath.  My mom made the bow and I think she did a fantastic job.


I don't do bows.  I've tried and tried -- even watched online tutorials, all to no avail.  Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it.  I hot-glued all the other pieces onto the wreath, and "Voilà," new Christmas wreath.  I love the way it turned out!

  • Faux green wreath from A. C. Moore - half-price after Thanksgiving
  • Red jingle bells from A. C. Moore
  • Ribbon - half-price at Michaels after Thanksgiving
  • Shatter-proof ornaments - $10.00 and $8.00 at Michaels
  • Glitter leaf picks - 74 cents each at Michaels
  • Red berries - $6.49, Michaels
  • Frosted, painted pine cones - $3.99, Michaels

Time spent making a wreath with my mom -- Priceless.


Wishing you joy as you prepare for this season celebrating the birth of Christ.  Thank you for your visit and have a great day.

Blessings,

Denise

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty wreath and all the better because your mom helped you with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice to have this project with your dear mom. I'm not a bow person either. The wreath look very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to complete a project like this with your mom. The bow looks great! Enjoy the days as we approach Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its beautiful and so unique~!!!

    we're gonna need to put your Mom in the bow business lol.. she could make a fortune just during the holiday season..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such talent! And what a privilege to make the wreath with your mom. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise, love the wreath and your mom did a great job on the bow. They are hard to make. Love that your time was priceless!! Have a wonderful holiday with your family..Merry Christmas..xo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new wreath is pretty Denise and I know what you mean about bows. I can make them on a day when all fingers cooperate. :-) Nice to get things on sale and craft with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wreath made new looks so pretty, Denise, and I love that you and your Mom worked on it together.
    I hope you're feeling much better these days. Merry Christmas blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer