Monday, September 15, 2014

A Wildflower Mosaic

Hi everyone!  Wow, I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!  I never intended to disappear from my blog for two weeks straight.  A lot has been happening here (not all good), and it just hit me one day that I was tired.  I never seem to lack for ideas for blog posts; it's making time for all of them that is a problem.  But this time, my mind was even too tired to put thoughts and images together, and without meaning to, I just checked out for a little while.

Today I did a quick post (relatively speaking) -- those of you who blog know it takes awhile to make picture mosaics.  


But I wanted to share these pictures before everyone is well and truly into the fall season.  We drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and Virginia the past two Sundays, and we saw masses of beautiful wildflowers.  I'll do another post later in the week with more pictures and names of the flowers, but today, I want to join Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday.

I am still looking at your blogs daily, and I've had a chance to do some commenting.  Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for sticking around even when I take unexpected breaks.  It always makes me happy when I see that people are viewing my posts every day; then I don't feel like I'm just talking to myself.  ;)

Thanks again for your visits and comments and have a wonderful day!

Denise

11 comments:

  1. We all get busy and let the blog slip by. Thankfully we all have our old faithfuls who wait it out until we we return and get back to business. Love the color in your mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely variety of wildflowers. The colors are pretty and I love the butterfly.. Beautiful mosaic, thanks for sharing. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a busy time of year for many. I haven't been around as much as lately, either. Your wildflower mosaic is lovely, Denise, and I'm glad you had the opportunity to get out and enjoy the flowers before winter appears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images, Denise. Hope you had clear pretty weather for your BRP drives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wildflowers are a special sight. I love seeing many of these along the roadside and in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love wildflowers and your mosaic is lovely. I won't be back for another few weeks but hated to stalk and not comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are very pretty! Hope my favorite little fuzzy guy is making you laugh:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Denise
    I think I recognize all the wildflowers and you've featured them nicely in a mosaic. I believe most of us step back every now and then without posting but visit without commenting. It's a restful reprieve when you find your blog taking up too much of your time. On the whole our friends take us as we are and when we're available.
    I'm glad you could link to Mosaic Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things settle down for you soon and you gain lots of strength and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to see a post from you! I know just how you're feeling, and I get the whole "too tired" thing, too. Sometimes it just takes too much effort to get the idea from the head to the page. I'm so glad you did take the time with the mosaic. I love wildflowers (actually just love all flowers in general. )

    I have never done that party, and I have always wanted to. For whatever reason, I'm drawn to mosaics and collages. Don't know why. I just am.

    Still praying...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise,
    Your wildflower mosaic is beautiful! You always share such pretty photos.
    I promised myself to let you know when Stephanie was going to do her next teacups exchange. Here's the link, if you're interested.
    http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/2014/09/tea-cup-and-mug-exchange.html

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer