Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Old Wives' Tales

You may remember a post I wrote on February 21st about Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway? 


 I wrote something to the effect that I had heard if you have a thunderstorm in the middle of winter, snow will follow not too long after.  Wellll...we had snow yesterday here in the big North Carolina.  :)  We also had rain, sleet, and thunder first thing yesterday morning.  Um-hum.  Thankfully, there were no earthquakes or tornadoes.  

The snow was nothing like the one that hit the east coast a few weeks ago, but it came down hard for a few hours, blowing steadily out of the north.  It covered the rooftops and ground with a light layer of snow and ice pellets, and it was really cold last night (like 18° cold).  "Oh Spring, where art thou?"  

Have a good day, and thanks for stopping by!


Denise

10 comments:

  1. There are a lot of us in bloggy land that are hoping for Spring. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever do find spring... Kindly direct her north too. Thanks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, I know you must be sick of this weather. I decided that it's a good time to actually plan what I want in the garden. Usually, it gets hot so soon until I don't get much planning done. Hugs and think Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dusting of snow for us last night. Fog this morning. 50 degrees later on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too...wondering when Spring is going to come!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although we live in a very temperate area, the cold rain and even wet snow keep on. We're all longing for spring's warmth and light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! This has been a winter hasn't it. We got spoiled after many mild ones. I just read that we will have 70's on Saturday. Hope you do too.
    Very interesting old wives tale. Now, I will remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you've had such yucky weather. We usually don't get very cold here but it's been really cold for our little island. Thanks for popping in to see my purple cows.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were in the 30s and 40s this week. This doesn't feel like Georgia to me. Of course, I distinctly remember a time when I got stuck in a snow storm going back to UGA after spring break so I guess I actually HAVE seen a winter/spring like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freaky! I had not heard that one! The one that's popular around here is "If it rains while the sun is shining, that means the devil is beating his wife." Crazy stuff!!! :-)

    Hope you get some toasty weather soon!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer