Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Mother-in-Law's Easter Tables

I haven't done any new tablescapes in 2012 -- at all.  For a variety of reasons, I just couldn't seem to get motivated.  We have a project pending at the moment, that I hope to be able to share with you later.  And I have plenty of small things like hanging some prints that I've had for a while, but haven't hung them because I got sidetracked with other things.
So, since I haven't done a tablescape this week, I've borrowed one instead. :)  I'd like to share with you some pictures Mr. Forest Manor took at his Mom's house last Easter.  I know Easter is still a ways off yet, but these pics are so cheerful and pretty, maybe I can be forgiven for rushing the season.

The first pictures are of the dining room, where the adults usually eat.  There are lots of pretty pinks here for Pink Saturday -- pink ribbons on the candlesticks, pink dyed Easter eggs, china with pale pink shells around the border, and pink flowers in the center. 
   


I love the white cut work tablecloth and napkins.  Do you see the crystal bunny napkin ring on the left?


My mother-in-law's fine china pattern is "Runnymede-Blue" by Wedgwood.  It's such an elegant pattern.  This was not her wedding china; she got it about 30 years ago when they visited England.  The sterling pattern is "Grande Regency" by the International Silver Company.


Crystal pattern is "Lismore" by Waterford.


This centerpiece is adorable.


Beautiful pink Calla Lilies.


These are my favorite bunnies.  They're reproduction Dedham Pottery rabbits, and you New Englanders out there may be familiar with this pottery.  You can read about it HERE.  I have some of the bunnies that I was lucky enough to find for a good price at a local gift shop, and two of the Dedham snowmen that my Mom and sister gave me as Christmas gifts several years ago.  They are very dear to me.



This wall display holds tea cups in various china patterns.  It belonged to my husband's maternal grandmother, and now belongs to his mother.  It's fun to look at all the different patterns.  Two of the patterns are Wedgwood Jasper Ware and Royal Tara, and I can't remember the others.  This is such a pretty idea for all those tea cup collectors out there. :) 


The buffet holds a cute Easter egg tree surrounded by more sweet rabbits.


I love the reflection of the dining room table in the mirror.


The next pictures are of the children's table in the kitchen.


My mother-in-law knitted these egg cozies, and gave some to all of us.  I used mine in  my Easter tablescape last year.


Her everyday dishes are Villeroy and Boch's "Basket" pattern.


Here are the remaining pictures of the dining room.


I really do love this centerpiece (sigh).







After lunch was finished, there was the traditional Easter egg hunt.  I couldn't resist showing this last picture.  Do you think anyone noticed those two eggs?  ;)


Many thanks to my mother-in-law for letting me share these pretty pictures!  I hope you all enjoyed them as much as I did.

Thank you for your visit, and I'll be joining the following:


Denise

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful tablescapes! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. The china is very beautiful and I wouldnt mind owning that pattern. I love the bunnies and the napkin holders. The table linen is also very pretty. I love linen...
    Have a nice weekend and hopefuly you will be headache free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her china is to die for! I love it! The bunnies are so adorable. I can see why you like them. It's not too early to give your reader's ideas for their own Easter tables. Thanks for sharing.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. And I do hope you're feeling better soon. Headaches and allergies can be very debilitating, I'm sure.
    I'm your newest follower on GFC and Linky and hope you'll stop by when you're feeling up to it.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH UGH UGH

    I just lost my comment! Why does it always happen when I've written a long one?

    I do understand the winter issues because I have them too.

    And I love your MIL's tables, both of them. I couldn't agree more about the centerpiece. It's my favorite part, and I love the bunnies.

    I wrote more on the poofed comment, but I can't remember what I said. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you start feeling better, Denise. Cute Easter table...it is just around the corner, isn't it? I just love those outdoor frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you shared your family Easter celebration. What a lovely table. Quite beautiful. China ,crystal, and centerpiece are so nice but the tablecloth is exquisite.

    Sorry, you haven't felt well. Rest and relax. Stress aggravates migranes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you haven't felt well. I do empathize with you. prayers for feeling better. The tables are so pretty. Love her china and silver.. wow. they really go together so well. Thanks for sharing.. co marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be well quickly Denise. Exquisite decor for Easter. The table is beautiful.

    I hope you will pop by to help us bring 'angel love' for a young girl who is sick.

    Thank you.
    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi nice to meet you! Hope you are feeling better. Lovely pictures of your mother-in-laws table. Thanks for sharing them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty tablescape! I can tell your Mil has good taste and creativity...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Villeroy and Bach is my absolute favorite pattern...I went to finally purchase them and they were discontinued!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Easter table. The knitted egg covers made me smile. I gave each of my children one in their Easter baskets 30 years ago. After they married I gave each child theirs to take home. The eggs in the frogs mouths were too cute!
    Visiting from P.S. now a new follower.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm your newest Linky follower :)

    Beautiful Tablescape! I love the centerpiece as well, that china is so very lovely and the napkin rings are just adorable!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Easter table. Love the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Festive, springlike and simply charming! It's snowing here -- after so little in the winter. I wonder if I can force spring by bringing out my bunnies?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful Easter table - it will be here before we know it! I too love the centerpiece. Happy Pink Saturday to you...Dru

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denise, I love your mother-in-law's table scape. Sorry you have had some health issues - it really sticks when that gets in the way of our creative times. Hope better days are on the horizon for you this Spring! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Denise, I so enjoyed the Easter photos and the gorgeous table setting. Festive and so pretty. Lovely dishes and centerpieces. Thank you for bringing Easter to us early.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Pink Saturday!
    It is always nice to see what each lovely lady is up to...and the creativity that flows...I pray that you all have a blessed week !
    Please come by my blog anytime...I love having you!
    God Bless......Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing the beautiful table! I used to make the chicks for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and neat! Visiting from Pink Saturday, mine is Pink Mink Blankets, please come and see. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful table--the china, the tablecloth, the bread cover...every detail. I'll be following you now; I hope you'll visit. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both tables are beautiful but I have a soft spot for the kid's table! Love her rug too! I understand about not doing something- even tablescaping. I was in a car accident which disabled me 3 years ago and I just can't do it anymore. I miss it...but do love going to Susan's blog to see the other tables. It was nice to see your pictures on this Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never too early to start planning the Easter tablescape. I really enjoyed seeing your mother-in-laws Easter table. Love the bunnies and the centerpiece. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Denise, you're MIL is one talented lady!! Thanks for sharing her creativity. I'm inspired.
    Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry you have been feeling so lousy. Things like that just drown us and make it impossible for us to do the fun things. We can barely get by doing what must be done. I want to thank you for sharing your MIL's Easter table. She is very talented! I'm marking down things I want to remember for my Easter table. The centerpiece is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love the table very spring! A very pretty table cloth.
    & the china is beautiful.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty Easter table your MIL set. Fun to see all her sweet little bunnies and her beautiful china. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Mother-in-law did a wonderful job decorating for Easter. Everything looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely! Those bunny napkin rings are so pretty! I haven't even thought about Easter. Not very Springy here, nor will it be for Easter as it is so early this year!

    I hope you feel better, I know it is miserable to have allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous Easter tablescape - just love all the details - adore the knitted egg cozies~! The dishes are gorgeous! My family suffers from allergies - so far I have escaped that! I do get migraines occassionally - I know how they can make one feel! I hope today is wonderful - I am always thankful for days I have a clear mind! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer