Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas in the Dining Room

Hello dear readers.  The eve of Christmas is such a special time.  I'm sorry I've been absent here, but my dad had to be hospitalized again week before last.  He was there five days this time, and we're all thankful he can be home with us for Christmas.  I know some of you are missing loved ones this year -- some are spending first Christmases without a spouse, parent, etc.  I hope you will find comfort in the Christmas story more than ever this year.

I'm still decorating and haven't wrapped a single present, yet here I sit, typing away.  😉  Our dining room feels very Christmasy this year, so I'm sharing some pics with you.


Our chandelier always looks crooked in pictures, but it's not quite this crooked in person.


I found this tartan plaid table runner last year at HomeGoods, and I already had the napkins.


I've had this handsome stag for a few years, and my thought was to set a hunt-country style table.


These chargers with the embellished fruit borders are a little too busy with the dishes, but I don't have any plain gold ones.  Note to self:  Shop for chargers at Michael's after Christmas.


Dinner plates are Johnson Brothers "Pink Castle" and cream soup bowls are "Pink Castle Christmas."



Napkin rings add another pop of gold to the table.


These are faux antlers, purchased some years ago from "Antique Farmhouse" online.  I've used some faux greenery, and added some real greenery from our yard.  The holly came from our big holly tree, and the ivy is plentiful in the wooded area next to our house.


At this end of the table is a real, shed antler, found by my father-in-law in his field one summer.


Barley twist candlesticks were found on eBay, and the red candles came from HomeGoods.






This end table belongs in our living room, but we have to move it out every year to make room for the Christmas tree.


The candle sconce was a wonderful Ikea bargain -- blown glass from France.


Whimsical Santa was a former Christmas gift from my sister-in-law.














Thank you so much for your visit!  My break is over and I must get back to work.  Wishing you a joyful Christmas Eve!

Love,

I'm sharing this at "Tablescape Thursday" hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the PorchPlease visit for some great tablescape ideas!

7 comments:

  1. Very festive! Very pretty. May all who gather in your home be blessed. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your father. Love the Christmas look you created in your dining room. Trusting your Christmas was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas dining room looks very festive! I hope your father was able to come home and enjoy dinner with you. Hope your Christmas was a merry one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, everything looks beautiful and very festive. I love your dishes. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he is doing better. Is Duncan enjoying the festivities. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will enjoy a Happy New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dining room definitely looks very Christmasy! The red tartan runner really set the table up beautifully. I do love the Castle Pink dish pattern. Love the other festive accents too! Sorry your dad is having health problems. I know how wearing it is dealing with a loved one in the hospital. Best wishes to you for a blessed and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, your table looks so beautiful. Love the dishes Pink Castle dishware by the Johnson Brothers. The tartan is lovely and so popular. Adding the faux antlers is charming. You have some wonderful accessories, including the nativity set. Duncan sure is a cutie. It was a pleasure to makeover your blog. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog's new look. The little Scotty in perfect. Your table looks beautiful. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer