Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Some of My Favorite Blogs

Hi All!  I hope your week has gotten off to a good start.  Here in central N.C., March has come in like a lion this year -- lots of wind and gray skies.

In my last post, I mentioned that I had been away from blogging for almost a month.  I'm playing catch-up on reading the blogs I like to follow, and once again, I'm reminded how many creative and talented people are out there.  Right now, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite ladies to visit.

For starters, my friend Bonnie, of Living With Thanksgiving, has a lovely blog.  She lives in the south, and her home is just beautiful, classic southern style.  Being from the south myself, I can't help but be partial.  :)  Bonnie had her kitchen renovated last year, and she shared the reveal back in September.  For those of you who haven't seen this, it's well worth a look.  Please stop by and see (Here) you're in for a treat!  I know you love hydrangeas, Bonnie, so these flowers are for you.  :D


Betsy, who blogs at Estelle's, has a gorgeous blog.  Betsy also hails from the deep south, and she and her husband currently live in Texas.  Betsy started blogging when they were living in Maine for a while, and I've been looking back at her old posts from Maine (her blog was The Maine House back then.)  Such beautiful pictures of the Maine countryside, so I hope you'll check those out.  Betsy shares delicious recipes every week, along with stories of family life and celebrations.


Speaking of Maine, I love to visit my friend Vee's blog, A Haven for VeeShe writes as if she's talking directly to us as we're sharing a cup of tea in her charming house in Maine.  Vee's humor always gives me a chuckle, and I love the homey things she shares.


Laura Ingalls Gunn (yes, a direct descendant of Laura Ingalls Wilder) blogs at Decor to Adore, and her blog is amazing.  She writes from the heart, and her blog is a real treat for the eyes and the soul.  I personally love Laura's decorating style; I'm especially impressed by her sewing skills.  ;)  I can't sew well at all, and it seems that Laura can make anything with a needle and thread.  Laura also lives in the great state of Texas, so I hope you'll stop by and spend some time at Decor to Adore.


My sweet friend Kitty, at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen, writes a recipe blog.  She has some darling grandchildren, and she enjoys teaching them to cook at "Nana's Cooking Camp."  My Pinterest boards are overflowing with recipes I've pinned from Kitty's blog over the last few years.  She also has a wonderful teacup collection, which she shares with us, as well.


I haven't shared nearly all of my favorite blogs, but I'll be sharing more soon.  You're probably familiar with all of these, but in case you're not, go visit these lovely ladies.


In other news, yesterday I signed the contract and put down a deposit for our wood flooring.  We've made a few changes since I first wrote about this project.  We decided not to go with the big box store for the wood flooring (even though we are very pleased with the carpet and installation from the big box store).  After some deliberation, we chose to work with a local flooring company that we've used in the past; they've been in business here since 1959.  We've also chosen a different style wood with a much darker finish -- more about that later.  I hope that next week I'll have some pictures to show of the new carpet in the den.  We have a few more things to do first.

Thank you so much for visiting and reading House at Forest Manor.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Denise

**All pictures in this post were taken by Mr. Forest Manor.** 

9 comments:

  1. I love our wood floors, can't wait to see your redo! Lovely blogs, thanks for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Denise...how very lovely of you to give us recognition! I so admire many blogs and have found a few here, that are new to me! Thank you! It is a wonderful thing to share what we love in life! Warm and hugs and blessings...cannot wait to check out some of these bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie's kitchen looks like it's straight out of a magazine, stunning! I know Vee and Kitty well and enjoy visiting them too. Over the past year or so, my blogging circle has shrunk, mainly from not hosting Mosaic Monday any more but also because I'm blogging less.
    I always enjoy your posts Denise, not that I always leave a comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love your new wood floors. I love mine and they are original to the house and the house was built in 1955 and still look good.


    Haave a great rest of the week. Will be checking out your fav bloggers.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Denise, I am so honored and humbled to be included in your first list of favorite blogs. I know all the blogs that you mentioned, and they all give me inspiration, too. The blogging community is a special group, and even though we may never meet each other in person, we still "know" each other through our words and photos. Thank you for this lovely recognition, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 💐Thank you, Denise, for the sweet mention. It's a fifty-fifty thing for me reading here today. Two of these blogs are among my favorites as well and two are waiting for me to discover! Thank you for the recommendations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back after several months of blogging and it's grand to visit you with love some wonderful suggestions. Wishing you a wonderful day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise,what a pleasant surprise to see you feature my blog in your post today. How many years have we followed each other? It has been a pleasant experience. Blogging allows us to share so many common interests and learn from each other. I look forward to following your new floor installation.
    It is spring break for our grandchildren and they are visiting us this week. Have a great week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello daring Denise! I am a bit late to the party but what a sweet suprise. You truly have warmed my heart dear one. Thank you so very much for the feature. This past week I started an internship at a museum as part of my final graduation requirements so it's been a bit of an adjustment. Like Bonnie above, Sweet Guy is on spring break and so I am also helping to steer him in getting some necessary tasks done for his Eagle project. May you have a glorious weekend!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer