Sunday, January 19, 2014

Snow Men Brighten the Winter Days

Hi everyone!  Have you had a good day?  We spent the day running errands, so I'm glad to be sitting down, finally.  One of those errands involved buying a new, much-needed grate for our fireplace, so now we can have some cozy wood fires in our den. 

The Christmas decorations are finally down and mostly packed away.  I enjoy them so much when they're out, but our house feels much more spacious once I've put them away again.  I used to feel a little melancholy after packing all the cheeriness away.  Then I discovered that if I put my snowmen out in January, it helps to jolly things along during the long cold months between Christmas and spring.  :)


I'm not big on having too much cutesy, kitsch all over the house, but I do love my snow people.  They add a touch of whimsy and they make me smile.  I've had these snowmen for many years now, and when I get them out every winter, I feel like I'm saying hello to old friends.  :)


Billy Buttons, a Christmas gift from my parents one year.


I love this precious snow family, given to me by my husband and son.


Another Christmas gift from Mr. Forest Manor; this fellow has the cutest face -- am I right?  :-D



I bought this Jim Shore snowman...


...and snow lady with my Christmas money some time ago.


Last Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me this fellow to add to the Jim Shore collection.


These two have real twigs for their arms.



A Department 56 candle...


...and another Department 56 ornament.


I have really enjoyed our Big Lot's chest we found a couple years ago.  It's a nice solid piece of furniture, and it was a pretty good bargain.  I added a winter vignette to this after taking down the Christmas vignette.


These were also a gift from my sister-in-law -- so whimsical.  I noticed there's a band of purple or blue light in the upper right portion of this picture.  We use the daylight spectrum light bulbs, and I think that's what is throwing this rainbow light onto the wall.



You can see a few more snowmen in our living room in this post from last winter.  Thank you for stopping by and for reading me.  I'm always glad that you take time to visit, and I love reading your comments.  I hope you have a great weekend, and if you're a football fan, have fun watching the games tomorrow!

I'm linking this post to:
Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper
Amaze Me Monday, hosted by Cindy
Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by Susan at BNOTP
Inspire Me Tuesday, hosted by Marty

Thank you, ladies, for hosting!

Denise
 

12 comments:

  1. I bring my snowmen out after Christmas too Denise, yours are cute! They just make me smile:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute snowmen, Denise but the best thing is your excitement about them. Stay warm by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got quite the snowman collection. Snowmen are such cheery creatures. Hope you're cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! I just re-subscribed to your blog. I don't know how I got knocked off as a subscriber to yours and many others. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection of snowmen and women, Denise. They sure are cheerful for the month of January.
    I don't receive your posts emailed any more. I tried to resubscribe, but it said that I'm already subscribed. I don't know how to solve that, do you? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is one awesome collection of snow men! Each one is just so adorable!
    Happy I found your blog!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute snowpeople!! and I loved the pretty red cardinal too! I have a few snowfolks out yet, and day flags at the front and back doors have snowy greetings! Actually, I am trying to bring on a little of the "real thing" as we haven't had any snow this year!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have wonderful snowmen. I have a collection, too. Packed away now. But I am drawn to snowmen, snow women, snow babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am such a huge fan of snowmen in January. I agree with you that it takes the "sting" out of taking down decorations after Christmas. I love to leave some up, but I don't have as many really pretty ones as you do. My favorite one of yours is that Jim Shore snow lady in blue. I love that! She would be perfect in my wintery guest bath right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection! I love snowmen and it's great to be able to use them for Winter...not just Christmas! They are adorable...
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your snowmen. I need to get some next year so I can leave them out in January. I always leave up the snowflakes that I put on my dining room chandelier until the end of Feb. In Dec I also have Christmas balls up, but I take those down and add a few more snowflakes for Jan and Feb. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great idea! Actually I don't pack my Christmas stuff away before January 12:)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer