Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Year of Tablescaping

Next week will mark my first full year of blogging.  I first became interested in tablescaping about two years ago, and I looked at other blogs for almost a whole year before I worked up the nerve to start my own blog.  I saw so many beautiful, creative tables every week on Tablescape Thursdays; I think, like everyone else, I just really wanted to join the party. :)

When I first Googled "tablescapes" one of the sites that popped up was a certain lady on the Food Network (not naming any names) who shows us how to go "from store-bought to homemade". ;)  Well, that wasn't the kind of tablescape I was interested in.  I didn't really want to coordinate my outfit of the day with my KitchenAid mixer, my window treatments, dishes, etc.

Then I saw Susan's blog, Between Naps on the Porch.  I was hooked.  But what exactly was a "blog"?  I had to ask my husband.  He said he could set one up for me if I wanted to.  I was intrigued, but intimidated.  In the meantime, I kept looking at more and more blogs, and it was fascinating.  Another blog that I loved to look at for tablescapes was, aptly named, The Tablescaper. 

I read Susan's FAQ section of her blog, where she answers all kinds of blog-related questions.  And we got a book, "Google Blogger For Dummies".  I'm not a dummy, but I felt like one when I first started blogging.  I used to joke about those "For Dummies" books, but I have to admit, that one was helpful for the initial stages of learning to blog.

Well, I definitely didn't set any records for the most tablescapes in 2011 -- far from it.  But I had fun learning and practicing.  I am grateful for Mr. Forest Manor's patience in photographing all the tables for me.  I think he's kinda' proud of my blog; he's certainly made a significant contribution.  I enjoy coming up with the ideas and doing the set-up, and I leave the photography to the expert.  I did take a photography class this past year, though, and I also took some photos for some of my outdoor posts.  I hope to get better at the indoor pics this year.

So here's a recap of my tablescapes over the past twelve months.  My first tablescape was a winter table last February.  Just click on the title link below the picture to see full tablescape.







































So those were my efforts for this year.  I played with dishes, learned some things about setting pretty tables, and acquired a few more things to find storage for. :)  What could be more fun?

I'm linking to Susan's wonderful Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch.  Thanks for hosting this party every week, Susan!!  I hope you'll join me there to see lots of talented folks display their pretty tables.  Also linking to Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper and Home and Garden Thursdays hosted by Kathy at A Delightsome Life.

As always, thanks for stopping by the House at Forest Manor.  I welcome your visits and your kind comments.

Denise






20 comments:

  1. Denise, I love all your tables, your wedding china is gorgeous. You know how impressed I am by your dh's photo taking. Happy 1st Blogaversary. xo (I am having a Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog, check it out).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to read about how you started blogging, so similar to the rest of us who love tablescaping! You've created some lovely t'scapes this past year and I can see the wonderful progression as you've gained experience and accessories. My fave is a tie between your Thanksgiving and Christmas ones. I wish I had a DH who would take the photos, that's the part I don't enjoy!
      Looking forward to another year of visiting here!

      DD

      Delete
  2. Hi Denise, your tables are lovely. I especially love the Autumn one. They are all so creative and inviting.

    Happy first year of blogging.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my goodness! You've created some fantastic tablescapes over the year! I love the English Garden, Mother's Day and the Tribute! So well done! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sound like me, I have done the exact same thing...it is very intimidating for some reason. I posted mine on facebook for my family and friends to see, but was scared to death to 'blog' - but I finally jumped in recently...and I havent died yet so I guess I will be ok! You tables are just beautiful, actually your dining table just absolutely glows, it is a beautiful piece of furniture. Thank you for sharing these with us and I completely get the acquiring more things to find storage space for...do we really need food? Just think how many more pretties we could have it we didnt need groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy almost-blogiversary, Denise! I enjoyed reading your story about your entry into the Blog World. And how fun to see all your tables in one post! You have a wonderful collection of dishes, and you definitely set pretty tables with them! I got a giggle out of your reference to You Know Who with the matching outfit and KitchenAid mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fabulous! I haven't been following you for a whole year so this was really a treat. You are so talented and have a great eye for these tablescapes. I appreciate your sharing it us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen,

      I left a comment on your blog, but it looks like it didn't publish. Maybe it will later. I appreciate your kind comments so much, and I enjoyed looking at your pictures of the Ozarks. Have a great weekend!

      Denise

      Delete
  7. Happy 1st Bloggiversary! It took you about 20 minutes to look like a true veteran. I think that your table designs really developed a signature by the time that you got to your English Garden setting, and I think that you Autumn tables through Christmas are magnificent. It's been fun taking this journey together, and I look forward to sharinrg more ideas. I still am experiencing a steep learning curve. I've been trying to figure out how to change my background for months, and I can't seem to delete my current design. It may be Spring/Summer on my blog forever! Oh well, I'll work it out at some point. I'm not too worried about it one way or the other. Thanks for the reprisal. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! After three attempts, it finally stopped freezing my computer and not letting me comment.I enjoyed reading the story of how you started blogging as much as the walk down tablescape lane. To me, you hit the ground running with your tables! It took me a much longer time to learn the 'scaping groove.

    My favorite of all of these this time around anyway) is the springtime one with the yellow. I guess it's because I'm on that yellow kick. I love it. Of course, I love all of them.

    Happy Bloggaversary! I'm looking forward to many, many more masterpieces in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all having problems. Mine is disappearing, too, and Alycia is having the same problem with hers. Sigh. I'm having to switch from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox to keep mine from disappearing when I try to do comments.

      Thanks so much for your sweet words. I'm glad you like the yellow; that's gonna be a great color for you -- I just know it! I want to see some more of your great tables in 2012, too. They're always so pretty and creative.

      Take care,

      Denise

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful year of tablescaping. Thanks so much for the mention. I'm so glad you persevered through those oh so difficult first days of blogging. I remember them well. Things we do so easily now, were sooooo difficult in the beginning. Here's to a whole new year of tablescaping.

    Thanks so much for bringing your post to Seasonal Sundays and again, for your sweet meniton.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats one your blogging anniversary. Cool ...that you and Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, So glad you started blogging. Your tables are beautiful and I can really see how they have evolved. Thanks for visiting. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise, So glad you started blogging. Your tables are beautiful and I can really see how they have evolved. Thanks for visiting. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy First Blogiversary! How sweet that your husband is the photographer! Team effort for sure, and I'm sure you are both enjoying it. I hope you enjoy your second year of tablescaping. You have done a beautiful job with your first year of tables.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise and congratulations on your almost year anniversary of blogging! You've set some gorgeous tables through the year! Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from the Tablescaper! Love your tables! I'm one of your newest friends! Drop by for a visit sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise - Congrats on your Blogoversary coming up! I have mine the first week of March. I do remember a number of your tablescapes - the Shakespeare table, your Autumn-scape, Giving Thanks - specifically captured my muse. I wish the lighting was better in my dining room because I don't like the way things turn out when I try to photograph them. I always like setting a nice table - my mom loved to - and speaking of mom - your blue china set is my mom's set, too! Still at Dad's house, though - Mom's with the Lord. You inspire me to make more tablescapes this year - and how I truly want to do more entertaining with friends for dinner. Trimming the work thing to hopefully make that a reality.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer