Monday, May 23, 2016

A Wedding Anniversary

Today is my wedding anniversary.  Twenty-nine years ago today, Mr. Forest Manor and I got married at our local Methodist church, where we also held the reception.




Afterwards we left to spend our honeymoon in Charleston, South Carolina.


We stayed at the Indigo Inn, during the week of Spoleto. 


Those events almost seem like a blur now because our lives have been so busy (like everyone else we know) since then.  We rented an older townhouse in Greensboro, and after a year, we got a Scottie puppy.


 After two years, we bought our first house, a Craftsman bungalow, 



and three months later we found out we were expecting a baby.




Life continued to zip by.  My husband went back to graduate school to earn his MBA.  We lived as frugally as possible so I could stay home with Will, and just before Will was due to start school, we moved back to the area where we grew up.  We had our rough patches, like everyone else.


It was a tad stressful when our house was damaged by a tornado less than two years after we moved
in.

  
That's a story for another day.


Twenty-seven years after our honeymoon, we returned to Charleston in 2014,


and again just a few weeks ago.


We've been blessed in so many ways.  There have been good times, with family --




 


 and other times, just the two of us.  I wouldn't trade all this for a million dollars!  Hal, you're the best, and thank you for always believing in me and in us.  


  Happy Anniversary, and I hope we have many more years together!

Linking to:
"Thoughts of Home on Thursday"

Denise

14 comments:

  1. A very Happy Anniversary to you and Mr.! The wedding shot of the two of you is so cute! Hope you have many more years to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Denise to you and your husband. I love the wedding photo--your dress is pretty! And I think I see some Hugo damage? And no wonder you love Charleston so much! It was nice to see all the photos. Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. You two make a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and wishing you many more years together. Love all the pictures.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a sweet tribute to your lives together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. Happy anniversary to you and Hal...wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved thiis post, Denise, and the pictures!! What a loving tribute to to your 29 years together. At the very end of your post, all I could say was, "awwwwwww". Happy anniversary wishes to both of you, for many more wonderful years together! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, beautiful post! Wishing you a very happy anniversary! You have a beautiful family and have been blessed with all these years! Hugs!!! I love that you shared all of this with your faithful readers...I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary. You have a wonderful life story, tornado and all. I hope you celebrate in fine style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, this is so sweet. Happy Anniversary! Being married for many years is the best even with the sticky patches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. You were a darling couple as a bride and groom and even more so now. Love the pictures and congratulations on happy years together..xxo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your trip down Memory Lane. It is evident much happiness was there. What a sweet post for your anniversary. Congratulations on your happy years together.
    I appreciate you my friend. Blessings to you. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer